7 Shows We’re Tuning Into This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

If the Emmys last week got you pumped for this Fall’s season premieres, read on to check out the shows we’ve been waiting for all summer! From comedies to dramas, shows in their last season or their first season, these are the shows we love this fall!

Returning Shows: 

New Girl: The third season of New Girl premiered on September 17th and it’s off to a great start. We’re excited to see Nick and Jess’ relationship progress (can it last?) and can’t wait to find out if Schmidt chooses CeCe (Jess’ BFF) or his college girlfriend Elizabeth. Tune in to Fox at 9:00 on Tuesday nights to catch New Girl.

Scandal: If you’ve been a sucker for political dramas since West Wing, Scandal will have you glued to the TV. The first two seasons of Scandal have been critically acclaimed, and if you’re like us and have been anxiously waiting for the third season to start, make sure to tune into ABC at 10:00 pm this Thursday, October 3rd. What will happen now that Fitz’s and Olivia’s secret is out? We can’t wait to see.

How I Met Your Mother: How I Met Your Mother began it’s 9th and final season on September 24th. The 8th season finale gave us our first ever glimpse of Ted’s wife and now we finally get to meet her in the 9th season. If you’re anything like us and have been waiting to meet the mother since 2005, this season is not to be missed. Suit up and head to CBS on Tuesday nights at 8:00 to watch the last ever season of HIMYM.

Modern Family: Straight off their fourth Emmy win for best comedy series, Modern Family began its fifth season on Wednesday, September 25th. This show is always good for a laugh and the heart-to-heart to family moments will have you reaching for the tissue box (or maybe even the phone to call home). Catch Modern Family Wednesday nights at 9:00 on ABC. 

Nashville: Calling all country music fans! The second season of the smash hit Nashville premiered last Wednesday, September 25th.  This drama series has been gaining attention for the plotline and the music since it debuted last October. Even if country music isn’t your thing, this show is worth catching on Wednesdays on 10:00 pm on ABC.

New Shows:

The Blacklist: If you’ve been mourning the end of Dexter and Breaking Bad, The Blacklist could be just the show for you. The Blacklist made its debut last Monday, September 23rd and has already been getting rave reviews. The show is centered around Red, a notorious criminal who makes a deal with the FBI and agrees to help them track down some of the worst criminals in America. Tune in to NBC on Mondays night at 10:00 to catch The Blacklist.

Super Fun Night: Catch the premiere of Super Fun Night on ABC this Wednesday, October 2nd at 9:30 pm if you’re in the mood to laugh until it hurts. The show was created by Conan O’Brien and Rebel Wilson, who also stars in the series, and centers around the relationship of three twenty-something best friends. If you’ve been in love with the hilarious Rebel Wilson since her role in Pitch Perfect, make sure to tune into Super Fun Night. 

Happy Watching! 

Meg DeJong

Conn Coll

I'm a senior at Conn and this is my first year writing for Her Campus. I'm a Psychology major, Sociology minor, and am also in PICA. Outside of Her Campus, I am also a part of SafetyNet, Active Minds and the Vagina Monologues. Some of my favorite activities include traveling, reading, photography, swimming, biking, going to Red Sox games, and having wine and cheese nights with friends. After graduation, I hope to teach abroad for a year and then pursue a career as a strategist at an advertising agency.
Rachel is a senior, economics major at Connecticut College and the Campus Correspondent for Conn's Her Campus Chapter! She started writing for Her Campus during her junior year and fell in love with the website and the amazing group of girls. In addition to Her Campus, Rachel is on the Executive Board of the Student Activities Council as the Director of Public Relations, so she stays very busy at Conn! Rachel is originally from Washington, DC, but plans on moving to New York after graduation, where she has lived the past few summers due to her internships with Versace and Burson-Marsteller. Besides keeping busy with school and activities, Rachel enjoys watching Scandal, eating sushi, reading anything by Malcolm Gladwell, listening to Songza, and having the best senior year with her friends!