5 Wacky Gifts to get Your Friends This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Shopping for gifts for your friends can be difficult any time of year, but especially during the holiday season. After all the craziness 2020 threw our way, you may find yourself more stuck in the gift-giving department than ever before. Well, one thing is for certain: Everyone is in need of a laugh as this insane year comes to a close. So, here are 5 wacky and fun Amazon finds that are sure to bring a smile to your friends’ faces this holiday season.

The Burrito Blanket

This giant flour tortilla in blanket-form is perfect for anyone who wants to keep warm this winter wrapped up as a burrito. With hardly any negative reviews on Amazon, this blanket is the perfect way to fulfill your burrito dreams. In fact, instead of giving it to a friend,  you’ll want to “wrap” it up for yourself!

The Funky Veg Kit

This gardening kit, perfect for beginners and experts alike, is sure to brighten up your friend’s home-cooked meals! The kit includes everything needed to grow purple carrots, striped tomatoes, red brussel sprouts, and a variety of other wacky vegetables. This gift is an incredibly fun, hands-on activity that will help your friend get through the rest of social isolation. Maybe, they’ll even let you try a bit of their funky harvest!

The Smart Water Bottle

The 3-in-1 Smart Water Bottle is unlike any water bottle you’ve ever seen. Besides holding liquid, the bottle includes a powerful Bluetooth speaker and bright dancing lights. On top of that, it even glows to remind you to stay hydrated. This gift will provide hours of entertainment for your active friend. You’ll never have to worry if they’re drinking enough water ever again!

Cactus Dryer Balls

It’s 2020, and sustainability is on many people’s minds. Surprise your friend with this cute, reusable product! Every switch to reusable products helps the environment, and these adorable cacti friends are sure to make your friend’s laundry chores a little funnier.

The Toilet Timer

This gag gift, as seen on NBC’s Shark Tank, is the perfect gift for the friend who is known to spend hours scrolling through Instagram while on the toilet. Unwrapping this gift is bound to fill the room with laughs. After all, the gift is funny and practical!

Help finish your friend’s year with a laugh by giving them a wacky gift! Whether they’re wrapped up in a burrito, or timing themselves on the toilet, these gifts are sure to brighten their new year. Stay safe and Happy Holidays!

Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Her Campus Conn Coll