My freshman year at Conn, I had no idea what the Vagina Monologues were. However, two of my best friends were in the cast, so I felt obliged to go see it. To my surprise, I loved it and decided to join the cast next year. As a senior, this year will be my third and final year in the Vagina Monologues and it has been an amazing experience.
If you’re interested in joining the Vagina Monologues, come to the information session at 7:00 PM in the 1962 room this Wednesday, November 6th.
And just in case you need some convincing, here are 5 reasons to join the Vagina Monologues.
- The Cause: The Vagina Monologues isn’t just a performance, it is also a HUGE fundraiser. All the proceeds go to Safe Futures, a local organization that helps those affected by domestic violence and sexual assault. This year, the fundraising committee hopes to raise $15,000 to donate to Safe Futures.
- The Cast: The Vagina Monologues is an awesome way to meet other women on campus who are passionate about the same issues as you. Everyone is also assigned a cast sister, which gives you a great opportunity to bond with and get to know someone in the cast better.
- The Monologues: From funny to serious and everything in between, no monologue is the same. Each monologue tells a story and you get to tell that story to the audience.
- It’s Empowering: Being part of the Vagina Monologues cast is an extremely empowering experience. No matter how big or small your speaking role, you get to be part of an amazing movement that advocates for women’s rights and ending violence against women and girls.
- It’s FUN: Need I say more? Come to the 1962 this Wednesday to learn all about the Vagina Monologues!