This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

After lots of trial and error, I have finally found my perfect Lush haul.  Now, I’m sharing it with you to help you find your own combination of products, if you haven’t already. 

The beauty of Lush is that they have a wide variety of products that each have their own purpose. Some shampoos add volume, shine and repair damaged hair. Some face masks help fight acne while others leave your skin glowing. 

Not only does Lush create original vegan beauty products, the company also supports many charities and is actively fighting animal testing. While purchasing products that work best for you, you’re also supporting a company helping a few wonderful causes. 

I have thin, easily breakable and dyed hair, which means that my hair is quite damaged and fragile. To help strengthen and repair, I purchased a hot oil hair treatment, shampoo and conditioner. 

Hot oil hair treatment: Damaged 

All you have to do is cut the oil bar in half, put it in a cup and add boiled water. Stir until it becomes a liquid and then let it cool. Once it’s cool enough to touch, you massage it into your hair and leave for 20 minutes. You don’t need to use it all, the leftovers can be left in the fridge for a week. It is good for 4 uses.  

$10.95

Shampoo: Repair 

Carrageenan extract softens the hair while jojoba oil conditions the scalp and helps soothe the roots to keep them healthy. A few small drops in your palm is all you need seeing as the instructions recommend to put shampoo on your scalp and let it cascade down the ends. A 250 ml bottle is usually good for a few months. 

$13.95 100 ml/$26.95 250 ml/$39.95 500 ml

Conditioner: Veganese

Veganese is a light conditioner that contains fresh lemon juice to help with shine, agar gel for softness and herbal infusions for your scalp. Again, only a few drops are needed. 

$9.95 100 ml/ $20.95 250 ml/ $33.95 500 ml

For someone that has always struggled with maintaining a clear complexion, these are the products I found worked best. 

Moisturizer: Imperalis 

Imperalis has light formula with lavender, orange flowers and tiger lilies to balance the skin. I have sensitive, oily skin, which always made me hesitant to use moisturizers, thinking that it would make my skin even oilier. However, this one seems to balance it out and leaves my skin feeling hydrated. 

$25.95/45 g 

Face cleansers: 

Coalface 

This is my ultimate favorite face cleanser because it absorbs oil, cleans and clears. 

$13.95/100 g 

Let the Good Times Roll

I’ve tried this exfoliating polenta cleanser and recommend it to those who want to soften their skin.

$12.95/100 g 

Angels on Bare Skin

This cleanser works to even out your skin tone and gives you a healthy-looking complexion. 

$13.95/100 g

Fresh face masks:  

Cosmetic Warrior

This is the fresh mask I found most successful in keeping a healthy complexion.  The garlic and tree tea oil work together naturally to keep skin clear and bright. There’s honey in it, which works as an antioxidant to help clean! Basically, it leaves my skin feeling heavenly. 

Cupcake

Who doesn’t want chocolate on their face? This mask left my skin feeling soft but didn’t cleanse as much as Cosmetic Warrior. 

Bath Bombs: 

All of them are fun! It just depends what you’re in the mood for! Also check out their fun Halloween specials on their website or in store! 

Jessica Coe

Concordia CA

Jessica Coe is an English Literature student at Concordia University who is often found with her nose in a book when she isn't in class or at work. She hopes to work for a book publishing company, ideally as an author but if that isn't written in the stars, she will gladly be an editor. When she isn't reading or writing she is most likely binge-watching her latest obsession on Netflix, with friends or family, or going for walks with her dog. Follow her Tumblr to see some of her more personal and creative works!
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.