Vikas Arun – SEAS ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Vikas Arun

Year: 2017

School: SEAS

Major: Operations Research

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Seattle, WA! Best City Ever!

What’s your type?: I don’t really have one. I like genuine and confident people, not clingy women.

How would you describe yourself? Outgoing, Spunky, Caring, Committed

Favorite place in the city: The Highline, it’s a nice getaway from the bustle of Manhattan.

If you could do only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Dance and choreograph for my two current companies!

Favorite Song: This one always changes, right now: “Candles” by Daughter and “Shuck” by Purity Ring

Favorite Book: Arcadia by Tom Stoppard

Dream Date: Honestly, that depends on the person, it’s gotta be something we both enjoy. As long as its fun, I don’t really care!

Favorite Quote: “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in your fruit salad.”

Sophomore Film Studies and Business Management Columbia College Hometown: Washington D.C.
Elena is a sophomore at Columbia University majoring in English. In her free time, she writes for Her Campus and news for Spectator. She loves New York and her friends.