This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Tyrone Hinderson
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Class Year: 2014
Major(s): Computer Science and Psychology
Relationship status: Locked up

On-campus activities: Goju-Ryu Karate, Research Assistant for the Intergroup Relations and Diversity Lab, Sigma Nu, not procrastinating, and not being in denial about my procrastination.
Off-campus activities: There’s a world out there?
Greatest fear: That my uncle will find me on this website
Celebrity crush: I used to have a pretty serious thing for Beyonce. In fact, when I learned to code in html in 9th grade I’m pretty sure I made a website about her for a class project.
Top travel destination: Australia, to see if turtles there are really as chill as Crush from Finding Nemo.
Favorite way to spend your free time: Video games, skateboarding, daydreaming, defending the house from my cat, driving on the freeway (how I miss you, Cali).
Three things you couldn’t live without: My laptop, my cat, and my glasses (20/100 vision—imagine getting 20/100 on a test and you’ve got an idea of how well I see).
Personal claim to fame: I was on a Bill Nye, the Science Guy show back in elementary school days. I’m pretty sure he was explaining photosynthesis and I got to be the tree (since I was the tallest dude around even then).
Favorite genre of music and why: Rappers with something to talk about—Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, A Tribe Called Quest and others. Sadly I never got into Jay-Z, probably because of my high school celebrity crush…
Tip for finals: Late-night “naps” are not your friend.
Best date you planned: Valentines day 2012—We played ping-pong, got sushi, went ice skating and ended up at McDonalds in our dress clothes to top it all off (because Chicken McNuggets aren’t an excuse to dress down).
Quote you live by: “Respice Finem”, or “Look back at the end”—to me, it means to try and stay conscious of your ultimate goal to avoid getting too caught up in intermediate steps (quizzes, papers, whatever). I have no idea who said this, since no one’s really spoken Latin in millennia.
Largest role model in your life: Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, one among countless reasons being his rejection of the social mandate to wear clothes.
And getting personal…ever been in love? I gave it a shot about a year ago, and I’d say it’s working out pretty well for me =).

Giselle Boresta

Columbia Barnard

Giselle, Class of 2014 at Barnard College, is an Economics major with a minor in French. She was born in New York City, grew up in Ridgewood, NJ, and is excited to be back in her true hometown of New York City. She likes the Jersey Shore (the actual beach, not the show) and seeing something crazy in New York every day!