Stuck in My Head: Lauren Bennett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

This week’s “Stuck in My Head” is quite different. As I attempt to analyze the song, “I Wish I Wish,” I will also be taking you on a stroll down memory lane.

This summer, I worked very closely with one of the most legendary music writers/producers of our day, Billy Mann. During my time with him and his innovative team including fellow writer/producer Dave Schuler, I experienced a few “miracles of life”—the birth of pop songs.

….That’s where Bennett’s “I Wish I Wish” comes in. It was a hot summer day when Bennett came into the studio to record her very first single written by my boss, Dave and Dutch star, Esmee Denters. You know the gorgeous and talented, Bennett from her feature on the top-charting 2011 LMFAO song, “Party Rock Anthem.” You might even recognize her as one of the members of the Europop, girl group: The Paradiso Girls and their major hit with Lil Jon, “Patron Tequila.”  

I spent the day in the studio with Lauren, Billy, and Dave to bring to life this incredibly fresh, upbeat, and overall sweet song. All work and no play? Absolutely not. We spent downtime chatting, laughing and snacking on great grub. It was probably… one of the best days of my life.

I’ll bet anything that “I Wish, I Wish” is a song you won’t be able to get stuck out of your head either. It’s been in mine since the day of its musical conception. Lauren brings in her fun, British spirit (and accent) with the killer hook, “Yeah, I’m flying coach, but I’m so F****** G-6.” And I might be extremely partial, but the song gets more and more epic with each catchy line.

I’ve been dying for this song’s release because I envision it becoming a massive dance hit…. a true ”party rock anthem” if I may. But, don’t bank on my recommendation, check it out for yourself.  My guess is you’ll soon be hearing it all over the radio. So catch it while it’s hot out of the oven——–like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. 

Oh and Lauren just realeased a new song, “Love Gun” with Cee-Lo Green. Singer on the rise, much? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUOGahe0wss&feature=feedlik

Toby Milstein

Columbia Barnard

Hi my name is Toby Milstein and I'm a student at Barnard College at Columbia University!