This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.
Senior year is rather similar to picking ice cream. You agonize over the menu like you’re committing to one flavor for the rest of your life and spend way too much time deliberating whether to stick with the tried and true or to branch out and experiment with something like “Baby Gaga” breast milk ice cream just for shits and giggles. It’s not as vernacular as YOLO, but that acronym died an unpleasant, drawn out death somewhere between the time hipsters started appropriating the term ironically and the release of “Spring Breakers”. Moreover, it’s not really the same since YOLO is arguably a nihilistic life philosophy used to justify getting extra crunk and doing crazy stupid things, but I digress.

It’s textbook “Let’s Make A Deal” FOMO. Every club and every class is a prize in the showcase room and I want to know what’s behind every door so that I can make an informed decision with the fewest regrets. Shuld i take that 6 hr en plein air painting class cuz y nt? Buuuuut then will i have time 4 argentine tango??? This adverse attitude towards regret parallels my own fear of underachieving, which feels like part and parcel to being bold, beautiful, Barnard. 

The truth is I am torn between wanting to just be done with college right now and wanting to stop the clock so I can do everything and still peace out on time. I won’t be chronicling a bucket list per say (see YOLO above) so much as turning potential regrets into senior moments. 

Follow my drunk tweets adventures!

Twitter: @ariannafriedman

Instagram: ifriedaman

*image via “Spring Breakers”