Seasonless Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

As the sunny days of summer give way to the breezy days of fall, don’t think that you need to move your fun summer styles to the back of your closet. Keep them front and center and make fashion season-less! No need to buy a whole new wardrobe for colder climates: dazzle the streets of New York this autumn in the same clothes you wore in the cloudless heat.

Here are some ways to carry summer styles into fall…

Culottes

A style that’s had an awesome presence this summer, culottes are a fantastic, chic pair of bottoms to wear into this autumn. Worn with cropped tops and loose-fitting tanks this past summer, rock your culottes this fall in a variety of ways. Go to class in a pair of solid or printed culottes, and wear them with a tucked-in turtleneck long sleeve or a button-down blouse. Complete the look with a sleek pair of booties and you’re set! As the day turns to night, take out that cropped top from summer and pair it with your culottes and a sparkly blazer (or even a leather jacket). Then, top it off with your favorite pair of heels. The possibilities are endless!

White Jeans

We can all agree that the rule stating no white jeans after Labor Day is way outdated. This fall, keep on wearing your white jeans with energy and excitement. Wear a pair of ripped white boyfriend jeans and a v- or crew neck t-shirt. Look and feel comfortable and effortless in a pair of white jeans and a warm flannel shirt. And on those chillier days, wear an oversized, bunchy sweater in a vivid, neutral, or earthy hue. Complement any of these outfits with combat boots or sneakers for a terrific, fall-appropriate look.

Printed Shorts and Skirts…and Jean Shorts!

How should you wear summery shorts and skirts through this fall season? I have a simple answer: tights! tights! tights! Tights are the perfect way to carry your printed shorts and skirts into a cooler climate. Whether the prints encompass bold, geometric designs, or summertime floral patterns, with a pair of tights, this look will be ready for autumn. With sheer or matte black tights, a printed short or skirt, a matching top, and a chic knit cardigan, you’ll be ready for the season.

The best part is—tights work with jean shorts as well! The jean shorts in your closet should not be forgotten as summer comes to a close. Light wash or dark wash, ripped or not ripped, long or short, jean shorts look great with tights and give off an edgy vibe. Try a solid hued or printed beanie with the look, and you’re ready to go!

Now, who says styles only last one season?

Meredith Coleman

Columbia Barnard

Sarah Fels

Columbia Barnard