Lax Bro: Nate Levick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Nate Levick
Hometown: Allentown, PA
Class year: 2012
Major: Chemical Engineering
Relationship status: In a relationship

On-campus activities: Engineering Student Council, Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, club lax
Off-campus activities: riding my bike and exploring the city, drinking beer at anywhere but Mel’s
Favorite sports team: Portland Jailblazers
You’re stranded on an island. First thing you do: ask what would Bear Grylls would do…?
Hottest celebrity of all time (dead or alive): Beyonce
The drink (alcoholic or not) that best describes you: As a beer fan, I would say something like a brown ale (Smuttynose?)—a little intense, a little sweet, but bold.
Guilty pleasure: Mac and cheese with buffalo chicken
If you could be any superhero, which would you be and why? Iron Man—he’s a nerd, but he’s got it all; smarts, money, cars, girls, gadgets, friends with Don Cheadle and he saves the world.
Three things you look for in a girl: A sense of humor, a pretty smile, and courage to occasionally argue a point to death
Greatest achievement: Being selected as one of 15 to go to Moscow last semester to represent United States’ student leaders to the Russian state government.
Top three favorite TV shows: Archer, It’s Always Sunny, Simpsons
Summer plans: Europe trip (Spain, France, Switzerland) then start work at Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. They separate air. It’s very cool.
Disney princesses you’d date, marry, and ditch (in that order):
Date—Jasmine. As a princess, she probably has some good connections and perks.
Marry—Belle. She seems nice.
Ditch—Ariel. I’m not really feeling that whole mermaid business…
Top travel destination and why: Australia…not 100% why, but I’ve always wanted to go really badly.

Giselle Boresta

Columbia Barnard

Giselle, Class of 2014 at Barnard College, is an Economics major with a minor in French. She was born in New York City, grew up in Ridgewood, NJ, and is excited to be back in her true hometown of New York City. She likes the Jersey Shore (the actual beach, not the show) and seeing something crazy in New York every day!