This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Everyone loves a costume party. Other than Halloween, it’s the only opportunity to dress a little more risqué and creatively than usual….and get away with it. Well, just because Halloween is over doesn’t mean that fun and sexy costumes are out-of-season! Here are five theme party ideas to spice up those Saturday nights.

007: James Bond is a suave, sophisticated serial seducer. Girls, get your sleek spy outfits together. Think Charlie’s Angels meets Mod-British style.
The Look:  A sexy, black cat suit would be ideal, but not all of us have those handy. Black shiny leggings are a great basic paired with a wide belt and spiked heels. Don’t forget the sexy cat’s-eye liquid eyeliner! Your James Bond won’t know what hit him.

Pharaohs and Queens: Cleopatra and Nefertiti will have nothing on you if you follow these style tips and dress like a queen from the BCE. The look of the day is glam, gold and glorious. You’ll definitely earn bonus points if you don a Cleopatra wig!
The Look: A gold skirt with a white top and gladiator sandals. Add chunky, gold costume cuffs, and a long gold necklace. Put on a gold headband, some dramatic eye makeup and you’re ready to go.

Hillbillies: Dressing like a hillbilly girl can be countrified-sexy. Everyone has a pair of Daisy Dukes stashed away in her dresser drawer. Now’s your chance to dig them out and wear them (because you know you secretly want to).
The Look: Of course, overalls and anything plaid create the ultimate farmer vibe. But, to turn up the heat a bit I’d match your go-to jean shorts with a pink bustier top. Don’t forget your cowboy boots and pigtail braids to top it off.

Tarzan and Jane: The tropical heat of the jungle will fill the party when you wear your Jane costume. Hopefully, your Tarzans will be as equally under-dressed and hot!
The Look: Got a large animal print scarf? Tie it into a halter or wear it as a belt with suede or black leather shorts. Or you can always default to an animal print dress or top. Pretty cute and pretty easy!

Nordic: It’s getting cold out, which means it’s Ugg/boot season. Here’s the perfect opportunity to wear them for a reason other than keeping you warm. So, throw a Nordic-themed party!
The Look: UGGS! Also earmuffs, booty shorts and a fitted sweater that has a little faux fur. It may be a chilly scene, but the look will be hot. You’ll be a Nordic princess and get to stay warm as the temperature takes a nosedive.

Follow these suggestions and it will definitely be Halloween year-round. As always, the more creative, the better!

Giselle Boresta

Columbia Barnard

Giselle, Class of 2014 at Barnard College, is an Economics major with a minor in French. She was born in New York City, grew up in Ridgewood, NJ, and is excited to be back in her true hometown of New York City. She likes the Jersey Shore (the actual beach, not the show) and seeing something crazy in New York every day!