Giving Tuesday x Relay for Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

It’s GIVING TUESDAY, and we’re spotlighting one of our favorite philanthropic clubs on campus, Columbia Relay for Life, which raises money for the American Cancer Society. The American Cancer Society is an incredible organization dedicated to helping those who face cancer. Their goal is to save lives and create a world with more birthdays!

CU Relay For life does so much for the ACS, and they have already raised so much money this year thorugh incredible initiatives!

To name a few of their events, so far this year they have had a kickoff dinner where a cancer survivor who they met at Hope Lodge spoke. It was so inspiring, and it reminded everyone why they Relay. Additionally, they had the PJ Party at KDR that raised almost $2,000!

TODAY, they also have some special things going on for Giving Tuesday. 

1. Like them on FACEBOOK

2. Order Insomnia Cookies anytime today and the proceeds go to the ACS!

3. Sign up for Relay for Life at CU!

4. Donate to Relay 

Last year, Relay for Life at CU raised $89,000 and, this year, hopes to fundraise $100,000 for the American Cancer Society! Listen to former Campus Cutie, Jillian (pictured below) and give for Relay for Life. 

Donate, sign up, spread the word, and #‎Give2AmericanCancer‬!

Sarah Fels

Columbia Barnard