This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

As we enter into the first few weeks of school, we’re ready to stop pretending like we actually do our homework and commence with the Netflix and Hulu binges. Although many of our trusted favorites will be coming back on soon (shoutout to ShondaLandTM), we are excited for the new addictions and unavoidable failures that the fall series premieres will bring.

Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Olivia: As controversial as it might be, I was actually a bigger fan of “The Colbert Report” than of “The Daily Show,” so I’m obviously pumped that Colbert will be back on TV after a yearlong hiatus. I’ve actually watched the first episode and, while he’s not quite up to Jimmy Fallon status yet, I think he has a lot of potential.

Paulina: I have yet to watch, but that’s probably because I only have eyes for Jimmy Fallon.

The Mindy Project (technically not a new show, but newly moved to Hulu)

Mindy is one of our favorites, definitely in our Top 8. While we don’t watch this show together, we do watch it at the same time in our own beds while texting each other. After watching the first episode, it doesn’t seem like much has changed with the gang during their shift from Fox to Hulu, which we’re thrilled about. We’re excited to see what happens when Mindy has a baby and what happens between her and Danny (the ideal man).

Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris

O: Could be great. Could be a disaster. Either way, I’m watching it.

P: I love love love Neil Patrick Harris and I love love love the show “Punk’d” and this seems like a great combination of the two. So, I’m in.

Life in Pieces

O: Looks like it could be replacing “Parenthood” (which also looked really weird in the trailers, but ended up being amazing). Although the Bravermans can never be replaced in my heart, this show could be a nice way to fill the void.

P: This seems like “Parenthood”-Light, but, since I am a sucker for intersecting storylines, I will definitely check it out. The trailer actually made me laugh out loud even though it was dumb, so that’s a plus!

Scream Queens

O: I am the MOST excited about this show out of any of the fall TV shows. It looks amazing and weird and like it probably doesn’t make that much sense which is my favorite kind of TV show. Plus, it has Nick Jonas, Jamie Lee Curtis (shoutout to Activia) and Nasim Pedrad, so what could go wrong?

P: I was confused by this trailer. Is it a comedy? There’s too much blood for it to be a comedy, but it’s supposed to be funny? I have mixed feelings about “Glee,” so I feel like I’ll have mixed feelings about this show too. Nonetheless, I am very curious to see how Jamie Lee Curtis and Nick Jonas interact.

Limitless

O: I was honestly so overwhelmed by Bradley Cooper saying weird things like “Do you remember being inside your mother’s womb?” that I couldn’t pay attention to the rest of the trailer. But, it was a good movie, so I’m going to give it a chance.

P: I have a lot of unanswered questions: What is Bradley Cooper doing in the trailer? Why is the pill see-through? Can I take it before the LSAT?

Heroes Reborn

O: The first season of “Heroes” was dope so, if this show is like that, I’m super excited. But, the other seasons of “Heroes” were terrible. So, if it’s like that I’m not excited. Only time will tell.

P: I will not be watching this show. I like neither superheroes nor reboots.

Blood and Oil

O: Chace Crawford. Some convoluted plot about oil in North Dakota. Looks super dramatic. What’s not to like?

P: Two words: Chace Crawford. Scratch that. Two words: Nate Archibald. But actually, I saw so many trailers for this show while watching “The Bachelorette” this summer, so I feel like I have to watch it.

Quantico

O: It looks like something that could have come out of ShondaLandTM, so I’m obviously in.

P: “The Bachelorette” commercials were also littered with trailers for this show, so I feel like I’ll give it a watch. Also, there seems to be an interesting plot twist and some steamy romance scenes that will win me over.

Grandfathered

Looks stupid, but kind of heart warming. Also, Josh Peck, John Stamos, and a cute baby. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Grinder

Honestly, who thought that this title was good? Did no one catch that? Like the GRINDER? Come on. But, it actually looks pretty good and we love Rob Lowe, so we’ll be tuning in.

Code Black

O: Marcia Gay Harden is a boss, but it looks like a slightly less fun “Grey’s Anatomy”. That being said, I do love Grey’s Anatomy, so I will watch.

P: I was super excited for this show based solely on the posters, but when we watched the trailer, it seemed anti-climactic. But then, at the end, it seemed okay. The whole thing seems kind of dark. Literally. Seriously, the lighting is really bad. But, I do love me a good doctor show and Marcia Gay Harden.

Dr. Ken

O: Oh, what to even say about this. Ken Jeong is hilarious and it’s apparently based on his life as a doctor, so it seems interesting and funny.

P: I will probably watch this as a last resort when I’m done watching all my other shows. But, that’s not saying that I won’t watch it.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

O: I saw a trailer for this a few months ago and I’ve been really excited about it ever since. It’s a musical. It’s a comedy. It’s not “Glee.” All good things.

P: I relate a lot to the main character and, although I’m skeptical of singing shows ever since “Glee,”  I think I’ll give this one a shot.