Dear Halle: Thanksgiving Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

And the break we’ve been waiting for has finally arrived: here are some tips to get you through this weekend from our favorite confidant on campus. Happy Thanksgiving, Her Campus Barnard readers!

1.  What to do when you see your high school hook up for the first time since summer? #lost 

Oh, the hormones!  Prepare yourself for one of these three scenarios:

A. You fall back into old habits…hard. You and the boytoy heat things up for about 2 days, blow off some steam, burn off some thanksgiving calories, and then go your respective ways come Monday.  A win-win for everyone involved.

B.  Uh-oh, he’s got a new college girlfriend — who you will cyber-stalk all weekend long.  You may or may not get a free, two-week trial membership to Ancestry.com for research purposes.

C.  You and the high school beau realize you can’t live without each other! It’s meant to be!  You start dating immediately!  You guys are idiots!  We all hate you!

2. How to appropriately stuff yourself this Thanksgiving

Put on your stretchiest pants and get ready to binge.  The more food you stuff in your mouth, the less you’ll have to talk to your unstable aunt about her satanic Pinterest boards and her favorite texture of yogurt.

3. How to approach Black Friday. Is it even worth your time?

PEOPLE. ARE. ANIMALS. Just look at any Walmart black Friday video for proof.  It’s a jungle out there.

However, if you’re feeling bold, frisky, and thrifty, then, by all means, camp outside your nearest Tarjé (Target as it’s better known) and brace yourself for a human stampede. Just be careful and wear protection.  Because that little old lady in the orthopedic shoes will cut you for the last half-off blender.   

* This article is a personal piece and does not reflect the views of Her Campus Barnard or Her Campus Media. *