Campus Cutie: Kimberly McDonald, the next Steven Spielberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Kimberly McDonald

Major: Film

School and Year: Barnard 2017

Hometown: Atlanta, GA

Favorite activity to do on campus: Overcommit and then procrastinate.

Describe yourself in ten words: Sorry-for-yelling-when-my-friend’s-right-next-to-me.

Fun fact: I have horrible horrible vision. If I wanted to, I qualify to put a handicapped sticker on my car.  Even with contact lenses, I always mix people up in passing or realize someone said hi way too late…it’s a whole mess.

Hidden Talent: I’m really good at recognizing where samples in songs are from.

Proudest moment: I just won a grant to produce a screenplay I wrote.

Signature dance move: Anything that’s doing too much.

Biggest pet peeves: When people insensitively filter their photos. If you look tan, but your black friend is actively blending in with the night sky, it’s p r o b a b l y not the right filter.

Relationship Status: Hi, Klay.

What do you look for in a partner? Make me laugh, be driven, care about what you do as much as you care about the people around you, be transparent (but you can flex a little), and don’t get annoyed when I rant about the confines of formal education, Tyler Perry’s perpetuation of modern day minstrelsy…

Worst pick up line that you’ve heard:  “Your hair looks nice with your skirt thing.”

Favorite campus bar: Roti Roll.

Grossest thing you have seen at Cannons: Hahhhaha…I don’t want to #expose my friends.

Preferred meal at Tom’s: Buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks.

Anything else we should know about you: Follow me on Instagram (@kimberlyaleah).