Campus Cutie: Jack Michaud

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Jack Michaud

School and Year: Columbia College ‘16

Major: Neuroscience and Behavior (Pre-Med)

Favorite Campus Activity: Buying an H17 at Milano, no hot peppers though

Describe yourself in less then ten words: Häagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. Tan, creamy, sweet, and energized.

Favorite memory from your time at Columbia: When my ceiling in McBain collapsed leaving my room covered in concrete rubble

Most embarrassing moment during your time at Columbia: I asked one of my professors for a recommendation before class and thought it would be a good idea to show my enthusiasm for the class by sitting in the front row. I proceeded to fall asleep…only to wake up ten minutes before the end of class with the professor lecturing five feet in front of me.

Current relationship status: In a relationship

What do you look for in a partner? Primarily a major in IEOR. I also look for a limited social media presence, but they still have to have a Facebook. I think it’s weird when people don’t have Facebook.

Give us your best pick up line: Do you have any Band-Aids? Because I scraped my knee falling for you.

Biggest pet peeve:  When people leave toothpaste in the sink

Favorite off campus hangout spot? Yoga to the People

Favorite rowing sexual innuendo: Last 10 strokes to the finish

Describe your first Cannons experience: I haven’t been back recently to see if the little window in the back left corner still exists after the remodeling, but I spent my entire first time at Cannons with my head stuck through that little window trying to escape the intense heat and humidity.

Three things every student should add to their Columbia bucket list:

1.     Attend a rowing race…we could use some more fans.

2.     Eat at Taqueria Y Fonda.

3.     Protest a protest. (I am still working on this one, but I have two weeks to get it done.)

What advice would you give to incoming freshmen? Please don’t go to Senior Night…until you are a senior.

Any last words before you graduate? To non-seniors, enjoy that time you have left; it really does go by quickly. To seniors, thanks for an amazing four years! I can’t wait to read / edit your Wikipedia pages in 20 years.

*If you would like to learn more about Jack, follow @cuheavies on Instagram*