Camille Newton: The Jewelry Heiress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

It’s that time of year again…the temps haven’t yet broken 60, but the air is crisp, and your favorite knits are making a seasonally-appropriate comeback. For a lesson on not-yet-fall style we turn your attention to Camille Newton. A leather short is a pretty genius way to transition your favorite summer cuts into fall. Pair with a simple white silk tank layered under a cool army-inspired jacket (Camille’s embellished variety – check out that pocket detail! – is literally perfection) and you’ve pretty much aced our course in early fall fashion. In need of a finishing touch? Camille’s mom happens to run one of Houston’s coolest jewelry boutiques (jealous). But for those of you who are not so lucky, vintage stores can have some pretty cool finds as well. And oh yeah, you can also order from Abiento, Camille’s madre’s store, if you’re feeling ambitous.

Hometown: Houston, Texas

What She’s Wearing: shorts, NeedSupplyco.; shirt, TopShop; jacket, Zara; accessories, abientot

Personal Style: all over the place changes every day

Style Advice: when you leave the house make sure to add one accessory not take one off!

Personal signature: snapback hat…once a week – “so as not to overdo it.”

Talia Weisner

Columbia Barnard

Liana Gergely

Columbia Barnard