This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

The leaves are changing, the wind is blowing, pumpkin spice is back in the fold….ah, fall is here. As a native Californian experiencing real seasons for the first time (seriously, New York fall is California winter), nothing is more cosy than cuddling up in my bed with some hot cocoa and a nice bowl of ramen or pumpkin bread. Here are some easy fall recipes you can make in your dorm room if you’re in a fall mood, or just too lazy to make it down to Hewitt (understandable, it is midterms season).

1. Pumpkin Cake for One

Nothing says fall like pumpkins. Mmmm…recipe here

2. Eggs in a Nest

For whenever you wake up 15 minutes before your midterm and need something to keep you going. All you need is some bread, an egg, and a knife (or cookie cutter if you’re feeling pinterest-y)! Recipe here

3. One-Bowl Mac and Cheese

Nothing beats the cold like a warm bowl of mac and cheese. Recipe here

4. Oatmeal Nutella Mug Cake

The word oatmeal is involved, so it’s healthy. Right? Recipe here

6. Baked Apple

A yummy, easy to make dessert that satisfies that apple pie craving. You can even use the lounge microwave! Recipe here

7. 5 Minute Microwave Berry Cobbler

God bless this mug dessert trend. Recipe here

8. Mix up your hot chocolate

Use any extras you find in Hewitt or happen to have in your room (caramel, ice cream, peanut butter, habanero pepper) to give the classic hot chocolate a fall twist. If all else fails, classic cocoa always hits the spot. Recipes here and here.

Rhys Lewis

Columbia Barnard