This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Andrew J. Demas

Hometown: New York, NY

School/Year: Columbia College Class of 2015

Major: Economics and History & Theory of Architecture  

Describe yourself in three words:  Ambitious, Compassionate, Loyal

Tell us a little bit about what you do on campus: During my time here, I have worked on Spec, URC, Community Impact, Varsity Show, and the Senior Fund. I am most proud, however, of being a part of the Design for America family. We are a group of social entrepreneurs working together to tackle local issues in economics, health, environment, and education. Over the past three years we have interacted with over 50 professionals, partnered with 20 organizations, created a summer internship program with Gensler, and developed a variety of solutions for our community.

Favorite class you’ve ever taken at Columbia: Urban Praxis: The Social Theory of Architecture wins by a long shot. Leah Meisterlin is an inspiration. The class was the perfect fusion of my interests and inspired my thesis topic. I am writing about the economic, political, and public influences on the architectural design of the World Trade Center from its inception to its redevelopment.

Best place to go on campus that nobody knows about: EC H306 … you’ll meet some of the most amazing people in the world here.

Oren’s, Joe’s, or Starbucks? I’m not really a coffee guy, so I’m going with Tea Magic.

Westside or Milano’s: Milano’s. Their pasta bolognese and shrimp parmigianino are unreal.

Best restaurant in Mo’Hi:

1. Koronets (Duh)

2. Pisticcis (Ragu Parpadelle is divine)

3. Malina’s Kitchen (The prez of ADP is a wicked chef)

What’s your dream job? Dad, Instagram Star, Consultant, Real Estate Developer, and Music Producer

Describe your dream date: Any place, anywhere, with someone you love, pizza, and champagne.

Best and worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard: 

Best: I’ll buy your pizza!

Worst: I can be your geriatric patient and you can be my nurse (EW)

Celebrity Crush: Kelly Clarkson

If you could go and live in one place in the world for a year all expenses paid where would it be? Greece! It’s perfection: Music, food, beaches, sunsets, and the most hospitable people.

Top 5 things you want to do before you graduate:

1. Get a job

2. Finish my thesis

3. Take a picture from the roof of an academic building

4. Go on another road trip (Shout out to KC & MC)

5. Make one more last impact on the CU community

Three things you can’t live without: My mom, my aunt, and my brother: If you knew them you would understand why. I’m the luckiest guy.