Style

5 Versatile Wardrobe Staples for That In-Between Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

The weather in New York City has been really strange lately, and no one really knows how to dress for it.  To make your life a little easier, here are five wardrobe staples that you can wear any time of the year.

1. Ankle jeans

Ankle jeans, whether they are light or dark wash, can be worn at any time of the year. Added bonus for tall people, because it’s almost impossible to find jeans that are long enough to cover your ankles, anyway.

2.  Flannel shirts

Wear a flannel shirt with a t-shirt underneath it.  That way, if the weather is warmer than expected, you can take off the flannel shirt.

3.  Ankle boots

Ankle boots are always fashionable, and they’re not too heavy.  

4.  ¾ sleeve tops

This is the perfect compromise between a short-sleeve and long-sleeve t-shirt; you can give your arms some coverage, but not too much.

5.  When in doubt, wear layers

Bring a light jacket with you so that if it gets cold outside or the air conditioning is blasting in the classroom, you’re prepared.

Beth Abbott

Columbia Barnard '20

Beth is a senior from New York City studying history at Barnard College. She is an avid reader, feminist, animal lover, and enjoys traveling whenever she can. Beth's favorite sports are hockey (New York Islanders) and tennis. You can find her on Facebook and Instagram @bethabbott17.