This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Unfortunately, the 10-day weather forecast predicts 50 degree, scattered showers weather for Spring Party Weekend 2013. While this will prohibit most outdoor activity, this will no means slow down our fun! As it will likely be raining, remember to dress appropriately so as to not ruin your day by having to return to your room to get a dry change of clothes. Here are our suggestions for appropriate attire for SPW!

1.     Rain Boots. Not only will these boots keep your feet warm and dry, they also have great traction and can easily be cleaned (think Giants of Science last year… mud everywhere). This way you won’t ruin any cute shoes and you will be able to party all day without changing your footwear!
2.     A Rain Jacket. With the imminent rain, you will certainly need a water resistant jacket. Remember to put your name in your jacket as so many of ours look similar and jackets get easily mixed up!
3.     Comfortable clothing. You will most likely leave your room at 9am Saturday and not return until Sunday… so think warm, comfortable clothes that you won’t mind wearing all day. Think layers, too! This is the opportunity to whip out your fratty tanks and fratagonias!!
4.     Frat Packs. Remember to bring out all the necessities you might need for the day. We recommend finding a fanny pack and filling it with such items  (chapstick, feminine products, hair ties, tissues, IDs)!

Emily Bliss is a sophomore at Colgate University, where her academic interests include Political Science, Economics, and Chinese. She hopes to attend business school upon her graduation. In addition to being a tour guide and admissions office volunteer, she competes with the Alpine Ski Racing Team and the Rugby Club. Emily calls Cambridge, Massachusetts home, as it is where she was born and raised, though she loves living in Hamilton, New York when school is in session. Her favorite activities include spending time in and around Boston, watching Gossip Girl, traveling, and cooking!