Spring Break in Mexico, As Told by a Few Bridesmaids

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Despite the chilling temperatures outside—soon enough you’ll be boarding that flight to Mexico for a week long bender you’ll love to never remember. You’re trading your cable knits for a g-string, coffee for tequila and windburn for (let’s be honest) a ~wicked~ sunburn.

*Cue the thoughts of starving yourself for the next two weeks*

We know—how have the holiday lbs not magically disappeared? Weren’t we just gorging ourselves on turkey, ham and stuffing? If you forgot to mix in a salad (and a water)—you’re not alone.

Spring break szn has us all feeling some type of way, and we couldn’t express it better than Melissa McCarthy and the cast of Bridesmaids.   

When you were fending off the sunday scaries with a quarter pounder, fries & then a late night trip to Dominos—you thought:

When you started trying on those cute summer clothes you got on sale from Tobi—and you’re feeling like the stuffed sausage on your Flour & Salt bagels every Friday, Saturday & Sunday:

When you start your night timidly—to avoid the cals:

And end your night having consumed a full pizza pie and mozz sticks—not to mention…

You did a three day juice cleanse leading up to the flight—and now you’re feeling like Mrs. Iglesias:

The squaaad has arrived in Mexico:

You change into your bikini only to realize:

But whatever—bring on the tequila!

& the horrible decisions!

Oh…

A flight back to America, please.

Morgan is a junior at Colgate University where she majors in Creative Writing and minors in Film & Media Studies.  On campus, Morgan is a New Member Educator for greek life's Kappa Kappa Gamma.  When she's not under stacks of English literature in the library, you can find her watching old reruns of Laguna Beach with her co-correspondent leader, Caroline Parsons.  An avid listener of country music, interior design fanatic, and diehard Bachelor spectator.  Check out the blogs and articles produced by Morgan, Caroline, and their diverse (just as weird) team of writers!