This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Pumpkin, pumpkin everywhere!

With the recent arrival of autumn, it seems that wherever you look, there is a new pumpkin [swirl, pie, spice, insert other pumpkin-related noun here]-flavored food or beverage to try! I am personally obsessed with pumpkin-flavored everything, so right now is basically heaven for me. Since I am also a coffee fiend, many of the pumpkin-related items that I’ve tried revolve around coffee or things that can be added to coffee. Even if you aren’t a coffee fan, there are many other pumpkin-flavored foods to try! Here is a list of some of the best pumpkin-flavored items to try, with many coffee-related items included!

1. Locally, various Hamilton establishments are offering seasonal favorites. Worth mentioning is the pumpkin spice latte at Rye Berry, which I had for the first time last week and loved! Similar drinks are available at Flour and Salt, Fojo Beans, and Dunkin’. So, when the mood strikes you to grab a sweet caffeinated pumpkin beverage, turn down basically any street in town and you’ll find what you’re looking for!

2. Along the lines of the pumpkin spice latte are the spectacular Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice K-cups that are available at most grocery stores, including Price Chopper. If you don’t like a lot of additions to your good old cup o’ joe, then this is the purchase for you! They’re full of the beloved pumpkin flavor but aren’t overly sweet (or sweet at all!).

3. Although I have never tried them, I have been wanting to get some pumpkin spice bagels! They don’t seem to be widely available at most grocery stores, but they can be ordered from various locations. I am awaiting a shipment of them, and I can’t wait to see how they turn out!

4. Another interesting semi-new addition to the fall lineup is pumpkin spice wafers! I can attest and assure you that they taste exactly like a pumpkin spice latte, or whatever yummy pumpkin-flavored foods you enjoy! Voortman Bakery-brand pumpkin spice wafers, which is the brand I was lucky enough to try, also contain real pumpkin!

5. I’m not sure how widely available these are since I have never seen them in-person at any store, but there is such a thing as Pumpkin Spice Frosted Flakes! I would understand if you are skeptical, because I am too, as I have never tried them. However, considering the popularity of other pumpkin-flavored editions of cereals, such as Frosted Mini Wheats, Cheerios, and Special K, I’m willing to bet that they are delicious!

So there you have it: a great list to start your grocery shopping the next time you head to Price Chopper (or your preferred grocery store). There are also many other opportunities to add more pumpkin into your life, but this is a good place to start! Happy Fall! Or shall I say, Happy Pumpkin Spice Season!

Amanda Ennis

Colgate '22

I am currently a junior at Colgate University with a major in Neuroscience and a minor in Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies. I enjoy running, playing badminton, watching Netflix, and hanging out with friends in my free time!
Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.