The Mid-Semester Slump, As Told By Mean Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

It’s that time of the year, and perhaps, maybe even that time of the month as well. Midterms have hit you like a load of bricks and you’re spewing fire for the most minor details. You’ve hit empty on the give-a-hoot meter and rather than fall break allowing you that restful recharge, you were bombarded with questions of potential boyfriends, potential grades, and potential plans for the future of your life. Don’t fret, you’re not the only one low on the potential scale of life. We all snap here and there, and perhaps, there and there too!

You’ve returned from fall break to discover the depeletion of your closet. Between the borrowers and stealers, you’ve had enough. And so has Damian.

“I want my pink shirt back!! I want my pink shirt back!!”

Along with your closet, your bank account has somehow reached a new all-time low. And as for your debit card…

You’re definitely going to start turning things around. Starting with your school work! You’re going to study all weekend for that midterm on Monday. That is, until your best friend reminds you…

You say to yourself, I’ll only have a drink or two, before going to bed early and getting a head start on my day tomorrow. That is, until your other best friend says…

Before you know it, you’re face deep in a personal pie and four ranches…

It’s now Sunday night and you’re thinking, the weekend was a minor setback to your new attitude on life. You’ll start fresh Monday morning and maybe get a few job applications submitted. Let’s see how that goes…

Swing and a miss. 

This thing called life and a future! Good ridance to your worries and cares.

You finally remember, life can get nearly impossible. But, Thanksgiving break is exactly four weeks and six days away.

Thank goodness.

Morgan is a junior at Colgate University where she majors in Creative Writing and minors in Film & Media Studies.  On campus, Morgan is a New Member Educator for greek life's Kappa Kappa Gamma.  When she's not under stacks of English literature in the library, you can find her watching old reruns of Laguna Beach with her co-correspondent leader, Caroline Parsons.  An avid listener of country music, interior design fanatic, and diehard Bachelor spectator.  Check out the blogs and articles produced by Morgan, Caroline, and their diverse (just as weird) team of writers!