This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

You’re scrolling down your Instagram feed. There’s that dress you can never find in your size, and that cute picture of that perfect couple you always swoon over. You keep scrolling. And there it is. The most beautiful, detailed photograph you have ever seen. Look at that sauce. The crust. The cheese—its everywhere. Thanks to Erin Munro, Mallory Shaner, Julie Hadjiyane, and Sam Birmingham, Colgate students now have the perfect resource to cure their hungry desires. The articles that students apart of Spoon Colgate write range from rating mac-n-cheese from different restaurants in downtown Hamilton, to ones that deal with more serious topics such as what it is like to live with an eating disorder or to have known someone who has one. When I sat down to talk to Erin Munro ’18 she reflected on the positive impact Spoon has had on her and others that she works with. “Everything we read from Spoon University really entertains and inspires us, and that is one of the main reasons we were interested in starting the club here at Colgate.”

Spoon University is our generations’ version of Cook Books and Grandma’s secret ingredients. It helps us understand what food really is and how it can affect people positively and negatively. An everyday resource that has reached over 100 college campuses nationwide, Spoon University allows students to show off the food that is unique to their college town, as well as feature individual creations of the perfect homemade brownie cupcake stuffed with Oreos and peanut butter. Huffington Post characterized it as “the only food website for college students, by college students, dedicated to making food more than just sustenance.”

Members of the team at Colgate meet weekly, discussing ideas for articles that would be worthy to edit and publish to the website, Facebook, or Instagram. Colgate students, that follow Spoon closely, celebrate the beautifully crafted pictures that are posted, especially when they highlight Frank Dining Hall creations for those of us who are less inspired by the often gray meat and potatoes.

There is always time to join the team here at Colgate and write about everyone’s favorite topic, food. The great thing about joining Spoon University is the community aspect that comes with it, according to Erin Munro. Spoon University also offers excellent internship opportunities, which could potentially turn into a career for those who work hard and are interested.

Follow Colgate’s Spoon University on Instagram @spoon_colgate and like their page on Facebook to keep up with what’s new in food on Colgate’s campus!