This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Spring break is fast approaching which means it’s time to get in shape!  Here are some ways to get your body ready.

1. Got the winter blues?  Try a new kind of workout!

Spice things up with a HIIT workout that will keep you on your toes and excited for the next move.  The best part about these workouts is that they can be short, but you will still be sweating and sure that you got a good workout in.  Get all of your body parts moving by doing a sequence such as twelve minutes EMOM (every minute on the minute) of burpees, bicep curls, lunges, and russian twists.  You can change up the exercises or the timing too; the point is to get your body moving!

2. Leave Frank dessert behind

… Or at least start having it in moderation.  Not only will this help you get in shape, but you will also feel more energized now that you won’t be suffering from those Byrne Dairy ice cream sugar crashes.  Focus on fruits, vegetables, protein, and healthy grains!

3. Skip the Cruiser

Take advantage of all of the hills around campus and get those steps in!  With an uphill campus like this, you don’t even need the incline treadmill walks.

4. Get a buddy to tag along!

Everything is easier to stick to and stay motivated about when you have another person by your side through it.  Having a friend to help hold you to healthy eating habits or a steady workout schedule will make achieving your spring break goals much easier.

5. Know that ultimately no matter what your body looks like, it is spring break ready!

Got a body? Got a beach? You got a beach body!  The most important thing it comes down to is being confident no matter what.  These tips are just to help you feel even better!

Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.