This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

It’s officially autumn, which means it’s time to binge-watch TV shows that put you in the fall mood! Here are 5 TV shows to get you through the change in weather:

Gilmore Girls (2000-2007)

Gilmore Girls is an absolute classic. Set in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut, the show revolves around sixteen-year-old Rory Gilmore and her mother Lorelai Gilmore. Both women have big dreams: Rory wants to go to Harvard University, and Lorelai wants to open her own inn. The show takes us through their many stages of life, navigating school, boyfriends, and familial relationships. This show perfectly encompasses a cozy New-England fall. Rory’s cute knit sweaters and Lorelai’s never-ending warm cups of coffee will put you in the fall mood. Though this show always has a “back-to-school” feel, it goes through all the seasons, making it a perfect year-long watch. You can stream Gilmore Girls on Netflix or purchase it on Amazon Prime Video

One Tree Hill (2003-2012)

If Chad Michael Murray doesn’t give you a reason to watch this, maybe this synopsis will convince you. One Tree Hill takes place in Tree Hill, North Carolina. Following the lives of two half-brothers who have no relationship, Lucas and Nathan Scott set out to compete for spots on their high school’s basketball team, as well as for the same girl. This emotional, heart-warming show brings teen-related topics to the forefront as characters navigate repairing the past and rewriting the future. Following many basketball seasons, OTH is a great show to cozy up with this fall. You can find it on Hulu, or rent or purchase on Amazon Prime, A&E, Google Pay, and Vudu. 

Friday Night Lights (2006-2011)

Friday Night Lights brings you away from the East Coast and instead to the rural town of Dillion, Texas. This sports drama series covers the life of football coach Eric Taylor, his wife Tami, his daughter Julie, and his football players. There is something about football that says autumn. Beginning right at the start of football season, this show addresses big picture topics including racism, academic and athletic opportunity, and lack of economic resources. This small-town drama will invoke lots of laughs and tears. Extremely underrated in my opinion, Friday Night Lights is definitely worth the watch. Trust me on this! Find Friday Night Lights on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. You can also rent or purchase on Vudu.

Gossip Girl (2007-2012)

Arguably one of the most iconic teen dramas of all time, this show based on the book series by Celia von Ziegesar is set in New York City. Privileged teens Serena, Blair, Nate, Chuck, and Dan constantly have their secrets exposed by “Gossip Girl,” an omnipresent blogger whose identity is unknown. This show is so enjoyable to watch as you get to bear witness to the glamorous lifestyles of the characters as they traverse through the city. Many of the seasons are set in the fall, and there is an ever-present, dark academia ambiance putting you in the fall mood. Stream it on Max, or rent or buy on Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, and Apple TV.

Pretty Little Liars (2010-2017)

Set in fictional town Rosewood, Pennsylvania, this mystery teen drama based on the book series by Sara Shepherd follows the lives of five best friends – Aria, Hannah, Spencer, Emily, and Alison – tied together by secrets and lies. When their leader, Alison, goes missing, they find they are being threatened by an anonymous person who goes by  “A.” Together, the girls work to find Alison, as well as to discover A’s true identity to protect their secrets. The never ending plot twists and elements of surprise leave you on the edge of your seat. This show has a balance of mystery, drama, romance, and suspense — ideal for a fall binge-watch. Stream Pretty Little Liars on Max, or rent or buy on Amazon Prime Video.

These shows will undoubtedly warm up your fall. Happy watching!

Reanna is a freshman at Colgate University potentially majoring in International Relations and minoring in Peace and Conflict Studies and Writing and Rhetoric. On campus, she is a side base on the Varsity Cheerleading and is in The Swinging ‘Gates A Capella Group. In her free time, she reads romance books, watches 90s/early 2000s tv shows and movies, and listens to 90s/early 2000s R&B music.