This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Whether you are flying or driving, chances are your spring break travel plans involve some downtime. A podcast is a great way to not only pass the time and learn something new, but also a great way to recognize Women’s History Month. Here are 5 female-run podcasts to add some variety to your spring break travels.

The Guilty Feminist

This is an incredible podcast. Hosted by comedian Deborah Frances-White, the podcast provides both an informative and hilarious take on topics impacting women. The aim of the podcast is for themselves and their audience to become “better” feminists by examining some of the goals and pitfalls of feminism today.

Sounds Like A Cult

This intriguing podcast provides an interesting look at society, consumerism, and the idea of cult followings. Each episode dissects whether a certain group can be deemed a cult. Some topics include Peloton, child stars, diet culture, and “Momfluencers”.

What I Wore When

This lighthearted podcast, produced by Glamour magazine, interviews various celebrities on an outfit they wore on a life-changing day. The episodes are relatively short, between 20 and 30 minutes, which is great if you’re looking for a lighthearted listen to kill some time during your travels.

Unf*ck Your Brain

This podcast, hosted by confidence coach Kara Loewentheil, focuses on dismantling the ways in which society teaches women to oppress themselves. She gives concise advice on how all women can become their most confident selves.

How to Be a Girl

A mother and her six-year-old transgender daughter host this podcast. They discuss world events as well as her daughter’s journey growing up as they navigate not only what it means to be a young girl, but also the complexities of being a young girl that is transgender. This podcast provides an important reflection on how we look at womanhood and gender in our society.

Amanda Krowitz is a current sophomore at Colgate University, concentrating in English. Her hobbies include writing for Colgate's student newspaper, reading, and waterskiing.