Style > Fashion

5 BFF Halloween Costumes for This Spooky Season

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

With spooky season just around the corner, it’s time to start planning Halloween costumes for you and your bestie! Dressing in coordinating fits will guarantee a partner in crime for the entire night and adorable photos for the gram. Check out these five cute and fun costumes that you can easily DIY or buy.

Serena and Blair

This iconic blonde and brunette duo is extremely easy to replicate because of Blair and Serena’s iconic signature styles. Grab a velvet headband and statement necklace for B and a loose tie for S. Pair both outfits with a white button-up, pleated skirt, and high socks, and voila, this duo is ready to conquer Constance.

Woody and Buzz Lightyear

If you want to get a little creative and pay homage to one of the best Pixar movies out there, Woody and Buzz are the way to go. For Woody, buy a yellow flannel print shirt, a cow print vest, a cowboy hat, and throw on your favorite pair of jeans. For Buzz, grab a white tank top and green bandeau with metallic purple leggings. Don’t forget his wings and gloves! For fun, you can accessorize this outfit with reflective sunglasses.

Sharkboy and Lavagirl

The perfect costume to create a modern twist on a childhood classic. For Lavagirl, you’ll need a pink bodysuit and matching pink shorts. You could even do a full-body pink leotard and add a pink corset on top. To go the extra mile, you could go all out with temporary pink hair dye or even just add a few pink extension clips. With that same approach, Sharkboy’s fit can be completed with a combination of gray shorts/leggings with a gray tank top/bodysuit/shark t-shirt.

Walter and Jesse

This costume won’t fail to draw attention and praise from Breaking Bad fans everywhere. All you need to do is get a yellow hazmat suit, rubber gloves, and a plastic bag filled with blue crystals/salt (or candy!). 

Little Miss _____

These adorable characters have taken over Instagram and TikTok, and now they can dominate Halloween. All you need is a “Little Miss” t-shirt (there are plenty on Amazon) that fits your personality, or you can take it a step further and cross out the words and write a new creative and unique version. The accessory options for this costume are endless, so have fun!

Now, you and your bestie are ready to kill the Halloween game and prove that good things really do come in pairs. 

Faith Lee

Colgate '25

Hello!! My name is Faith and I am currently a sophomore at Colgate University studying Computer Science. I love to write about pop culture, music, and mental health/well-being.