Three Lazy Girl Hairstyles To Up Your Hair Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

You wake up in the morning, you don’t have time to shower (because, let’s face it, you pressed snooze three too many times), and you have to look somewhat presentable for class. Concealer and mascara can only do so much. What do you do? Look no further than this Lazy Girl Hair Guide, complete with easy hair-dos that you can complete in five minutes or less with long, short, second (or third) day hair and leave your room looking like the most put together college girl around.

Disclaimer: I don’t believe in (or know how to use) hair products such as texture spray or hairspray, so none of the following hair-do guides include how or when to use them. Feel free to include them in your own routine if you like them!

1. The Über Long Ponytail: This is great if your go-to for greasy/second day hair is a ponytail. This is just a little bit of a classier twist on the classic pony.

Step 1: Separate your hair into two horizational sections.

Step 2: Make a low ponytail at the nape of your neck with the lower section.

Step 3: Make a high ponytail with the other section.

Step 4: Make sure you can’t see the ponytail holder from the low pony.

(Optional) Step 5: Take a piece of hair from the top pony and wrap it around your hair tie, using a bobby pin to tuck the tail underneath.

DONE!

Source

2. The Twisted Ponytail: If you still like ponytails but don’t like having your hair slicked back, here’s an option for you.

Step 1: Put your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck.

Step 2: Use your finger to create a space right above the ponytail holder.

Step 3: Take the end of your ponytail and tuck it through the space that you just created.

Step 4: Pull tight.

(Optional) Step 5: Take a piece from the top of your ponytail and tuck it through again, creating a more intricate look.

DONE!

Source

3. The Hair Bow: If you want a more girly, elegant look with less hair involved, this is the option for you.

Step 1: Part your hair in the middle.

Step 2: Take an equal piece of hair (preferably 1.5 inch or about that amount) from each side of your head and pull it back.

Step 3: Like you would start to tie your shoelaces, cross one piece over the other.

Step 4: Like you would tie a ribbon on a present, tie a bow.

Step 5: Secure with bobby pins.

DONE!

Source

Start with these lazy girl hairstyles, and stay tuned for some more! HCXO <3

Carli Jaff is a senior at Colby with a double major in American Studies and Education. Outside of classes and being a CC for Her Campus Colby, she is the Managing Editor of the school newspaper, a writing tutor at the college writers' center, a research assistant for the Head of the Education department, and a co-chair of Colby's Senior Pledge Committee. Carli is very excited to work for Her Campus Colby and share her love for college with you all!