This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

First, Tell me about yourself.

I’m from Queens, NY. I play Frisbee. I like to cook. I live in the apartments. I’m an English major. I spent last fall in Australia, and some people tell me I have eyes like a Pharoh.

Have you recently started a club? I think I heard about that.

I single-handedly started the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space colloquially known as “Space Club.”

So, what do you guys do at Space Club?

So the plan is that we give students access to the astronomy department’s observing equipment down by the band-shell through scheduled sessions and we’re also gonna do astronomy theme movie showings and discussions. Basically, the end goal is for us to bring a NASA employee up in the spring for a big question & answer type thing.

Where did you get your interest in space?

Ah, I don’t know space is just one of those things where as much as you know about it you really don’t know about it.

That’s fair. How long have you been playing Frisbee? When did you first become interested in joining the Frisbee team?

Well I joined it my junior year of high school because my best friend did it and my high school didn’t have a football team.. Not that I was big enough to be on it anyway, and there weren’t many other sports we could do there. Also, even at it’s most competitive levels, it’s a lot more fun than other competitive sports.

So, you’re a senior, any plans for the future?

I’m trying to work on a cruise ship for six months or a year after I graduate just so I can travel to the Carribean, and South America, and even Alaska. That way, I can save money and travel at the same time. Even though I’ve done hospitality type of work before it’s not a necessarily a career move.

What will you miss most about Colby next year?

I’m gonna miss Maine for sure. I came here from New York City because it was the complete opposite and I wasn’t disappointed.

Any last words?

Join the Space Club, actually though.

Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.