How To Dress For Stars and Stripes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

With spring loudness right around the corner we thought we would jot down a few ideas to help inspire creative outfits and costumes for you.  Summer will be here before we know it so might as well go all out and celebrate the end of the school year!

• If you have a loudness tank, try personalizing it with splatter paint, spray paint, beads, gems, glitter glue, or anything else
  • Get some temporary hair dye or paint and draw stripes in your hair
  • Use the American flag as a cape or accessory
  • Use body paint to make yourself into a human flag and paint stars and stripes on your arms, legs, and face
  • Paint stars and stripes onto an old pair of shorts (or other clothing item) with fabric paint
  • Paint stars and stripes on your nails with red, white, and blue nail polish
  • If you don’t have any shoes that match the theme or color palette spice up your sneakers with starred shoelaces or some striped socks
  • You can never go wrong with a few staples like red/white/blue clothing, denim, a bandana, or sunglasses, but you might as well get creative before its time to buckle down for finals – nothing is out of the question!

Hopefully you can use some of these ideas to help create a memorable outfit for spring loudness!  It’s time to embrace the spirit of the weekend before finals and the company of good friends before we all leave for summer vacation.  Wishing everyone good luck with the upcoming workload in the home stretch, and a fabulous loudness to end the year on a great note!

Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.