This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

The holiday season is fast approaching, and that means it’s time to start planning holiday gifts! I always feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to get my friends and family. This year I decided to plan ahead and order gifts earlier than usual to help eliminate some of the stress that comes with the season. Below are some gift ideas for different loved ones. At the very least, I hope these suggestions spark new ideas and get the ball rolling!

For Mom:

Who doesn’t love nice jewelry? Something minimal will look simple and clean, and match almost anything. I like this dainty gold bracelet from Mejuri.

As we know, the holidays can be as stressful as they are enjoyable at times. Help Mom combat the stress with a relaxation coloring book and a nice set of adult colored pencils.

For Dad:

Dad’s can be tricky when it comes to gift-giving, so sticking to the classics is always a safe bet.  PJ pants from your college’s bookstore are the perfect gift for getting cozy while still showing some school spirit.

Another useful gift is a new wallet. This one from Fossil is sophisticated, yet simple.

For the Sister (I don’t have a brother, but if you do, best of luck):

UGG boots have been making a major comeback, and for good reason. They are soooo comfy. Personally, I’m still rocking my classics from the seventh grade, but if you’re looking to spend a little extra money on a trendier style, their website has a ton of new options.

If you’re looking to spend a little less, but still want to get a cute accessory for you sis, try fun barrettes. These pink barrettes from Amazon are perfect for a little pop of color.

For the best friend/girlfriend:

If your best gal is an avid coffee drinker, a milk frother such as this one will adda little extra umph to her morning cup o’ joe.

If coffee isn’t her thing, opt for a fun drink set. I love these multi-colored wine glasses from Anthropologie.

For the boyfriend:

If you’re feeling stuck in the boyfriend department, remember: cozy never fails. These slippers from L.L. Bean are super comfy and come in a few color options. Perfect for wearing around the dorm.

If your bf is more of a hat guy, consider a warm beanie. This beanie from The North Face comes in a ton of colors, so there’s something for everyone.

For the boyfriend’s parents:

This one I think can be the most challenging. Here are a couple options to get you started. If you’ve been with your partner long enough to know some of their traditions, consider a plate custom-made to feature a special family recipe.

If you’re looking for an option that’s a little more casual, try a set of coffee add-ins, such as this sampler from Bailey’s.

Hope that helps! Don’t stress too much. Happy holidays!

Alina Castaldy is a senior at Colby College, majoring in English: Creative Writing with a minor in French and Francophone Studies. She loves to create and learn through reading, writing, and dancing. A fun fact about her is that she will never turn down the opportunity to catch a sunrise!