This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

The fall season is officially in full swing. The leaves are changing, temperatures are dropping, and now is the perfect time to do all the fun seasonal activities. Here is a list of my top 10 favorite fall activities to do with friends or by myself.

1. Go on a drive and listen to Taylor Swift’s music

The best way to soak in all the fall trees is by going on a Scenic Drive accompanied by some folklore or Evermore by Taylor Swift.  I always feel like such a main character with my own fall soundtrack soaking in the fall vibes.

1. Try a fall drink

Whether it’s from Starbucks, Dunkin, or your local coffee shop, most places have something fun and pumpkin-flavored out right now.  Whether it’s a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin cream chai latte, or anything else pumpkin flavored, now is the time to enjoy some of the best-tasting drinks of the year.

1. Take a hot girl walk

Whether you’re just taking the long route to your class,  walking around the city, or taking a hike,  getting outdoors, especially with such nice weather, helps calm anxiety, relieve tension, and overall just makes you feel happier.  Not to mention right now is the ideal weather to be outside because it’s not too cold and not too hot yet.

1. Watch a Halloween/Fall movie

whether you’re into scary movies or a Halloween-themed Disney movie, there is something for everyone. Gilmore Girls gives off fall cozy vibes and it is a great option. I also recently watched all 3 Halloween Towns and let me just say, it was one of the most fun and nostalgic things I have done in a long time. 10/10 recommend. 

1. Go Apple Picking

While not everyone may have an apple farm near them if you do you should 100% go. It’s a super fun thing to do with friends because not only do you get some great apples you also get a chance to take pictures to be outside and even try some really good baked goods. The Apple Farm is only a 15-minute drive from Colby and is a great place to go to pick apples.

Fall is such a fun time of year and a great chance to get out and do some fun activities. While this is just a basic list of ideas, there are so many more fun things to do. As a college student, it’s super important to get out of your normal schedule and do some fun things. These are a couple of great things that I like to do to create a break in my normal schedule or take a study break on heavier weeks. It can feel so good to do something that’s fun and festive and not something that you do every single day.

Colby '25