3 Spring Trends We Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

It may not feel like Spring on Mayflower Hill, but don’t tell that to Colby students. We’re breaking out the shorts and sundresses like it’s 80 degrees (when in reality the weather has barely hit 60°). As we come back to school with our new tans, whether real or fake, we’re ready for a change in dress. Out with the knee-length North Face parkas and bomber hats and in with the Sperry’s and Barbour’s. Here our out top three Spring trends that seem to be popping up on campus.

Colorful Scarfs

Gone are the days of chunky, knit scarves that brace us from the wind and cold. We’re transitioning into lighter, more colorful scarves to brighten our outfits. We like the idea of an infinity scarf with bold colors or interesting prints, such as this one from Etsy.

Ankle Pants

Skinny jeans have been in style for a while now and most have us have been wearing them with boots all winter. Now that the weather is starting to warm up, however, why not change up our jeans as well. Pants that stop at the ankle are great for spring and summer because they’re easy to pair with flip-flops or Sperry’s. We like them best in a bright color such as orange or pink. Our favorite part? You can easily transition them into winter by pairing them with high boots. Check out this pair from J.Crew

Sneakers

When you think about sneakers you’re probably picturing a bulky pair of running shoes. This spring, however, the sneaker has been reimagined for style over function (the function of running, that is). We like a supportive shoe made for the warm weather to replace flip-flops or sandals.  Keds makes a great shoe that comes in all different styles and color. We love this pair in colorful orange.

Photo Credit: http://indulgy.com/post/wPbRCt…

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.