Dear White People
Dear White People
Netflix
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Guess who graduates college in about 4 months? 

Friends Excited
Giphy

That’s right, this girl here does. However, I’m not ready to go. I’m not saying that I’ll miss my university (all that much) but specifically because I don’t exactly know what to do once I’m metaphorically shoved out into the real world. Adulting is scary, but seeing what the adults in my very own life have gone through, I lowkey feel like college has sheltered me from those horrors. Even though I’ve been through A LOT of things being a student at Coastal, those things are what have made me who I am at this very moment, and when all of that is over, I’m going to become someone else and I don’t want that to happen. I KNOW growing up is literally a part of life so I can’t get mad at the science of aging, but I honestly just want to stay young and slightly free of responsibilities. I’m taking things one step at a time, trying to tell myself that it’s going to be okay while also trying to figure out what the hell I’m going to do with my bachelors degree in English. I know this article is probably less humorous than the others I have written; but, I just wanted to get all of this off of my chest to a group of people I know would understand because I know we’ve all had, or will eventually have, the same type of feelings before. I’ll definitely be okay tomorrow because no more midseason finales y’all. Y’all know I LOVE me some Riverdale. 

Kira Lloyd

Coastal Carolina '20

Someone who is invested in living her life to the fullest. I'm all about positivity because I know I won't be here for a long time. I can make anyone laugh so that's a good thing. An English major with the heart of a journalist just trying to make it in this game called life.