Life > Academics

Local Study Spots That Slay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

I cannot study in my room. I either get distracted or my family interrupts me. Even worse, I have fallen asleep in the middle of doing homework in my bed. After talking to many of my friends, I have come to realize that this is a universal experience. Having a designated place to study helps me get more work done. It also helps if that “designated place to study” involves food and caffeine. So, I decided to stop gatekeeping some of my favorite study spots in the area and share the places that aid me in getting some important schoolwork, reading, or journaling done!

1. Rustic Roast – Conway, SC

I cannot recommend this place enough. It has the perfect vibes for reading, studying, or just hanging out with friends. They offer coffee, matcha, and other teas. Drinks can be paired with many different kinds of syrups like french vanilla, caramel, and even lavender. Along with the drinks, they also have breakfast and lunch food. To top everything off, the staff is super friendly and even remembers my name now whenever I visit. 

1. Barnes and Noble – Myrtle Beach, SC

Everyone knows Barnes and Nobles for their wide selection of books, magazines, cds, vinyls, music, games, and more. Something else I love about this place is the Starbucks and seating area located inside. There are usually always seats available along with wall outlets to charge your laptop and/or phone. I love coming here, getting my usual Starbucks order, and getting lost in a book or my studies. A plus about this place is rewarding yourself with a peek around the store once you’ve gotten some work done.

1. C3 Coffee – Conway, SC

Like Rustic Roast, this place is close to Coastal as well. In fact, it’s right across 501. They have bites to eat as well as drinks like coffee and tea. There is always plenty of room to sit so it’s a great place to bring partners to work on group projects!

1. Beach Hippie Coffee – Myrtle Beach, SC

I recently discovered this place, and I’m in love. This is mostly due to the fact that I used to work at a “hippie-themed” donut shop, and this place lets me reminisce on this time. They have the cutest seating area complete with couches and bright colors. Along with the seating areas, they offer many different food options and drinks including coffee and tea.

1. Grand Strand Coffee – Myrtle Beach, SC

This cute local spot is my go to on a slow Sunday morning when I want to journal, read, or do homework. They also offer breakfast sandwich options as well as unique coffee and tea drinks. Seating on the inside is limited but they also have seating on the outside for those warmer days!

I hope these study spots fill your caffeine craving and help you get some work done along the way! Make sure to tag Her Campus Coastal Carolina in your posts if you visit!

Caroline Surface

Coastal Carolina '25

Caroline is a junior Interactive Journalism Communication major at Coastal Carolina University. She is from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and has two cats and one dog. She was on the yearbook team all throughout high school, which is where she found her passion of telling stories through writing.