Starbucks Frapp Closeup
Starbucks Frapp Closeup
Keriss101 / Spoon

Classics With a Twist: PB&J Frappuccino and Cinderella PSL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Frappuccino 

As one typically does when they are procrastinating doing their work, I went to Starbucks. I had already ordered my usual drink when I looked at the blackboard and noticed something intriguing. It was a frappuccino but it didn’t seem overly sweet like they typically are–it actually seemed delicious. I knew that I needed to try it and writing an article about it seemed like the perfect excuse to consume the extra calories. 

After I was finishing up my work, right before I was going to leave, I made the decision to taste what I now know is the best frappuccino that Starbucks has created in quite some time. The only thing that I don’t like about it is the hefty price. For a grande Peanut Butter and Jelly Frappuccino, it costs a whopping $7. It is definitely not something that you can constantly purchase, but when you have a free drink or its double star day, it is the perfect drink to indulge yourself in. 

The Peanut Butter and Jelly Frappuccino is a coffee or creme based frappuccino with almond milk, toffee nut syrup, and strawberry puree blended in. To top it off they pile on whipped cream and a drizzle of strawberry syrup. 

Personally, I think it tastes more like a sundae than it does a classic pb&j but to each their own. What I would like to see is Starbucks add a frozen banana to it and call it a banana split frappuccino. That would be delicious. 

Cinderella Pumpkin Spice Latte

The next drink; I don’t know how I stumbled across this drink, but it was meant to be. Normally, I don’t like white mocha syrup because I find it too sweet, but I decided to give it a chance. I read comments below an article of people who tasted the drink and they said that the mocha syrup brought out the pumpkin flavor. I didn’t think it was possible to make the classic PSL taste better than it already does but this, if at all possible, makes the PSL taste more pumpkiny. It seriously sounds dumb until you try it. 

The post about the drink talked about why they called it the Cinderella Pumpkin Spice Latte and it makes perfect sense to me. It’s smooth and sweet and pumpkiny and fit for a princess. It gets its name from the pumpkin carriage used to take Cinderella to the Ball. It goes from white mocha to pumpkin and still somehow remains as smooth and delicious as the classic PSL that we all know and love but more of a pumpkin pie flavor than a spicey pumpkin spice punch.

To order the Cinderella Pumpkin Spice Latte, ask for a Pumpkin Spice Latte with half pumpkin spice syrup and half white mocha syrup. Top it off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice and your tastebuds will be on their way to the royal ball in their own magical pumpkin carriage.

Michelle Boyette

Coastal Carolina '22

Michelle is a student studying public health, psychology, and creative writing. She is hoping that through her writing she will spark joy and change in a world that is desperately in need of both.