The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Looking for Halloween Costume Ideas for this year. I have listed 60 possible ideas broken down into categories so you can have a Happy Halloween!

Disney Ideas

Interested in anything Disney? Why not use your love for Disney when thinking about your Halloween Costume?

1. Maleficent
  2. Disney princess
  3. Jack/Sally
  4. Stitch
  5. Winnie the Pooh
  6. Ursula
  7. Ariel
  8. Abu
  9. Olaf
  10. 101 Dalmatian

Ideas Based on Movies/TV Shows

Have a favorite movie or tv show? Use that as a basis for your Halloween costumes with the assistance of the list I have provided here.

1. Barbie
  2. Wizard of Oz characters
  3. Smurf
  4. Simpsons
  5. Michael Myers
  6. Pennywise
  7. Marvel characters
  8. Flintstones
  9. Harry Potter
  10. Clueless
  11. Ghostbusters
  12. Star Wars
  13. Grease

Costumes Based on Famous People

Looking to dress as a celebrity for Halloween? Here are some ideas.

1. Taylor Swift
  2. Jonas Brothers
  3. Harry Styles
  4. Elvis

Originals

Looking for a more basic Halloween costume? Here are Halloween original costume ideas.

1. Pirate
  2. Witch
  3. Pumpkin
  4. Vampire
  5. Zombie
  6. Frankenstein
  7. Alien
  8. Skeleton
  9. Fairy

Other

1. Eyeball
  2. Butterfly
  3. Bumblebee
  4. Cat
  5. Cop
  6. Firefighter
  7. Bunny
  8. Dinosaur
  9. Ninja

Group Costumes

Going out with a big group for halloween and need ideas? You have come to the right place; look below for some options.

1. Dice
  2. Pac-man
  3. Deck of Cards
  4. M and M’s
  5. Bowling Pins
  6. Sanderson Sisters
  7. Superheros
  8. Sumo Wrestlers
  9. Among Us

Couple Costumes

Looking for cute, funny, or creative couple costumes? Here are some listed below.

1. Ketchup and Mustard
  2. Bacon and Eggs
  3. Peanut Butter and Jelly
  4. Cowboy/Cowgirl
  5. Angel/Devil
  6. Where’s Waldo

Out of all of the costumes listed above, my favorites include Jack/Sally, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Harry Styles, Pirate, Alien, M and M’s, and Where’s Waldo. In my book, Jack and Sally are a Disney staple for Halloween. The Nightmare before Christmas is such a good movie to watch for Halloween and even Christmas. Harry Potter is an easy and fun costume idea for any big Harry Potter fan. Star Wars is also great for fans. Harry has great Styles when it comes to his concert outfits. Those could be fun to incorporate into your halloween costume. A pirate is a Halloween original and a go to if you need something that is not super difficult to put together. An alien can transport you to a different world for halloween. M and M’s can be a cute couple or group idea. It can be as simple or difficult as you so desire. We also can’t forget Where’s Waldo as it is also a fun take on a costume. Overall, just make sure you have fun with your Halloween costume. Just know you are never too old to dress up and go hang out with your friends.

Madison Johnson

Coastal Carolina '25

Hi my name is Madison Johnson. I am a junior at Coastal Carolina University. I am a double major in psychology and sociology. I have two concentrations, one in criminology and the other in forensics. I also have a minor in Women and Gender Studies. I am a member of the honors college. I am originally from Charlotte, North Carolina. I lived there for 11 years before moving to Tega Cay, South Carolina. I have been living there since I was in sixth grade. I have family in Conway, South Carolina, so I was familiar with the area before I became a student at Coastal Carolina University. Some of my interests include hanging out with friends, going to football games, being around family, going to the beach, traveling, cooking, and finding crafts to do. My favorite thing about traveling is that I get to see different atmospheres. I like to go hiking and kayaking.