What Hobby You Should Try Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Want to try something new in 2018? Tired of spending your days binge-watching Netflix? Here, I’ve matched each zodiac sign with a hobby. I’ve based my ideas off of personality traits of each sign. Don’t know/identify with your sign? That’s okay! Just pick the description of the one you relate most to, and try that hobby out!

Aquarius – Puzzles

As an Aquarian, you tend to be individualistic and eccentric. Sometimes, you can be a bit too opinionated or detached. Because of this, you should take up puzzles. Doing puzzles can be a sociable or independent activity, depending on your mood. They come in all different varieties and shapes (ever seen a 3D puzzle?!) so they’ll fit your eccentric attitude.

Pisces – Art

As a Pisces, you tend to be artistic and compassionate. Sometimes, you can be a bit too sensitive or impressionable. Because of this, you should take up art. Creating art will allow you to express yourself. It’s totally okay to be emotional and impressionable when doing art because that’s often how the best pieces are made!

Aries – Video Games

As an Aries, you tend to be independent and active. Sometimes, you can be a bit too aggressive or impatient. Because of this, you should take up video games. Video games are fast-paced and dynamic, which is perfect for impatient, active souls. Plus, there’s a wide variety of video games available, so you can play Call of Duty to get out aggression or Sims to relax.

Taurus – Baking

As a Taurus, you tend to be dependable and down-to-earth. Sometimes, you can be a bit too stubborn or possessive. Because of this, you should take up baking. Unlike cooking, baking is exact and scientific. And, as a Taurus, you’ll love the dependability of each recipe; if you follow the instructions properly, you’ll get perfect, consistent results.

Gemini – Photography

As a Gemini, you tend to be adaptable and sociable. Sometimes, you can be a bit too superficial or indecisive. Because of this, you should take up photography. Photography would allow you to interact with your environment and the people around you. It’s also a very adaptable field, as you can manipulate lights and colors for each shot.

Cancer – Gardening

As a Cancer, you tend to be contemplative and nurturing. Sometimes, you can be a bit too inflexible or moody. Because of this, you should take up gardening. Gardening is an extremely relaxing and eco-friendly activity, so it goes well with your nurturing, thoughtful personality. Plus, gardening offers much needed alone time.

Leo – Theatre

As a Leo, you tend to be generous and caring. Sometimes, you can be a bit too aggressive or attention-grabbing. Because of this, you should take up theatre. Acting in a community theatre (or even just play-acting with friends) is an appropriate place to be the center of attention. You’d also make a wonderful ensemble mate, as you’re never afraid to shower your friends with compliments.

Virgo – Bullet Journal

As a Virgo, you tend to be intelligent and conscientious. Sometimes, you can be a bit too reserved or critical. Because of this, you should take up bullet journaling. Bullet journals are customized, hyper-organized planners. As a Virgo, you know how to appreciate organization and practicality. Plus, you can make them as detailed and tailored as you’d like, which is perfect for the quiet, analytical Virgo.

Libra – Movie Watching

As a Libra, you tend to be sociable and fair. Sometimes, you can be too passive or easygoing. Because of this, you should take up watching movies. As a Libra, you’d make a great film buff because you love to lounge around on the couch at home. Plus, many movies explore the vague boundary between right and wrong (12 Angry Men, anyone?), so your diplomatic side will be satisfied.

Scorpio – Writing

As a Scorpio, you tend to be passionate and perceptive. Sometimes, you can be a bit too secretive or manipulative. Because of this, you should take up writing. Anything you don’t feel you can tell others, you can write down! Writing is all about exploring different perspectives and thoughts, so you’ll feel comfortable expressing your own in this medium.

Sagittarius – Dancing

As a Sagittarius, you tend to be adventurous and independent. Sometimes, you can be a bit too irresponsible or restless. Because of this, you should take up dancing. Dancing is a very fluid, active form of self-expression. Sagittarians often love dancing because it’s such an adaptable, dynamic exercise, keeping them interested and excited.

Capricorn – Reading

As a Capricorn, you tend to be disciplined and tenacious. Sometimes, you can be a bit too prudent or conservative. Because of this, you should take up reading. As someone who lives by the motto ‘slow and steady finishes the race’, you’ll love being able to control your reading pace. Plus, you can choose what you want to read about, so you won’t be stuck reading anything too far out there.

If you pick up one of these hobbies, be sure to tell us how it goes! 

Adelaide is a senior at CNU pursuing a BA in English w/ an emphasis in writing. After graduation, she plans to become an Editorial Assistant in Manhattan. In her free time, Adelaide loves reading books, playing with her two wonderful cats, and spending time with her grandpa.