Uber now sends you Kittens!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Listen up! There’s something important happening between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day. That’s right – you can order kittens straight to where you are courtesy of Uber’s partnerships with animal shelters in over 50 cities across the United States. 

Sounds amazing, yeah? By requesting the option of “KITTENS” in the Uber app, you can enjoy 15 minutes with the little fur balls, and potentially even adopt them! The ride service’s website explains that the company has helped over 30 kittens find a home through UberKITTENS, and they’re looking to continue this trend of helping animals find their families.

Sadly, this won’t be available in every city, but you can find out here if UberKITTENS is near you. (Who’s up for a trip to Washington, D.C.?) It costs $30 to play with the sweet animals, and is worth every dollar IMO.

Lee Martin is a 20-year-old junior at Christopher Newport University majoring in Communication Studies with minors in Leadership and Women's & Gender Studies. She co-founded CNU's chapter of Her Campus and currently serves as Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in Chief, as well as a Chapter Advisor to five other campuses. As a journalist, she has written for The Oyster Pointer, The Winchester Star, and worked with National Student Leadership Conference's Journalism, Film & Media Arts program. When not writing, you can find her binging on chocolate and coffee while laughing at Parks and Rec or The Office. If you must read her silly musings, follow her on Twitter at @loveleeforlife