alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things that are Guaranteed to Happen the First Week of Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

The first week of a new semester can be exciting: new classes, new friends, new activities to do. But there are certain things that always happen and never change. ‘Cause the circle of life and all that jazz.

1. You realize that over the break you forgot how all the buildings work so you wander aimlessly through the halls for a little while.

Where are the stairs?? WHERE ARE THEY???

2. Your professor starts the class with some variation of “there’s a ton of you and only one of me” and starts apologizing profusely about not knowing names.

It’s alright, bro. Our feelings won’t be hurt. Peace and blessings. Chillax.

3. Absolutely no one participates…

*crickets*

4. …Despite the professor’s many attempts. #Awkward

Cause of death: secondhand embarrassment.

5. The professor brings up that “study” that says you learn more when you write things down.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

6. You look through the syllabus and die inside when you see all the reading and writing assignments you have to look forward to.

Goodbye, life.

7. You have that one professor who decides to promote themselves to Enemy #1 by making you stay the entire time.

Ain’t nobody got time for that.

8. And then, EVEN WORSE, they try to teach you! On the first day!

What do they think this is???? School??????? 

9. Meanwhile, you’re just there like…

Remember, only 12 more weeks to go! :)

10. But, even with all the stress, you’re still happy to be back at CNU.

Hang in there, Captains; it’ll be great!

Clare is currently a senior at Christopher Newport University where she is majoring in English and minoring in Women's & Gender Studies. She is a member of the English honor society Sigma Tau Delta and one of the current editors for CNU's Her Campus branch. When not trying to catch up on reading for her classes, she enjoys watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and quoting Disney movies in everyday conversation. She is a fan of all things pizza-related and hopes to one day move to New York City and become an editor.