Life > Experiences

“Spin the Bottle”: Drinks Addition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

TW: First, do not do this unless you’re in the right headspace and with close friends! Also, never let anyone peer pressure you to drink regardless of your age. Being in a safe and comfortable space is always key. Also, avoid the week before finals week; we learned the hard way.

Last semester, a group of my friends got together (yes, we were all 21 thank you) and decided we were going to have a movie night. Upon arriving at the off-campus apartment and deciding what beverages and food we wanted, we went to the ABC for some drink options and magically discovered the mini margarita section which would become our downfall. There are too many options for mini margaritas and we ultimately bought them all to taste test (first bad, good idea). With the rest of our drinks laid out before us, a mixture of anything from straight tequila to apple whiskey, to potentially water and the mini margarita bottles in-between each drink, the drinking game began.

It started off as a simple blind taste test with the objective to guess the flavor of the drink and to rank each. What happened, though, was a wild-spin game of drinking copious amounts of random alcohol within a 30 minute timespan that led to the vast majority of us quite drunk and desiring to watch the shittiest musical ever made, one that had just released on Netflix that will remained unnamed for the sake of this article.

I can honestly say, while I do not recommend doing this with an abundance of random drinks (mixing alcohol is never the right idea folks), I had an absolute blast playing with game and having a drunk movie night with my best friends. I’m not much of a drinker myself; never really have been nor particularly enjoyed feeling intoxicated. We’ve done this before with simply weird drink concoctions and doing it with virgin fun drinks would also be really fun. However, watching a bad musical, highly recommend. It is still listed as a 1 on my IMDb.

Hey all! My name is Monica and I'm currently a senior at CNU dual majoring in History and English Literature. Most likely you're going to catch me on campus stressed, binging House or Criminal Minds or hanging out with my roommates and watching horrible movies, fixing family dinners, and wasting all my money at Barnes and Noble.