This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Netflix vs Hulu: which is better? I honestly don’t know, and I am not trying to get into that debate. What I will say though is that they both offer great shows, so I have a subscription to both. Now, I haven’t had either binge-worthy television broadcasters long (Netflix for around 2 years and Hulu for a few weeks– still on my free trial) but I do have shows that I am absolutely raving about. Be warned that this list is a bit messy, and there is no organization to all this.

Let’s start with Netflix:

1. The Fosters

This is an amazing show. The Fosters makes you laugh, cry, shout in anger, and question your sanity. When I started watching, the whole point was to catch up on Netflix so that I can watch in real time. It took me a solid year because of school and work, and when I finally caught up, the show was ending. I remember thinking what kind of mess is this? Why would they end the show? The ending was incredible and made me cry, but I do that with any type of ending. Just know that this is a top notch show that gives you an insight to the foster care system and a hope that Anchor Beach Charter School turns out to be real.

2. Total Drama Island

Does anyone even remember this show? It seems like forever ago, but it was a classic in the elementary/middle school days. It’s probably the best animated version of Survivor. Total Drama still has me cracking up to this day with the banter between Natasha and Heather. Then, you have Courtney and Duncan’s crazy relationship. I never payed attention the actual challenges but rather everything that went on in between. If you remember this show even just a little bit, I recommend you re-watch and reminisce.

3. Riverdale

So I know this can seem like a basic thing, but sometimes it’s nice to be a little basic. Riverdale was immediately put on my list when I first got Netflix because everyone and their mother was talking about it. I can see why; I am obsessed. It’s similar in concept to Pretty Little Liars but has a whole new plot, new characters to love, and new people to hate. I watched Season 1, and I learned to love Veronica and Betty’s relationship, find Archie cute (just a little bit though), and find the Blossoms absolutely crazy. I’m talking crazy with a capital C. I watched Season 2, and Cheryl is my new favorite, and Veronica is getting on my nerves. The girl deserves a good slap. The show has so many ups and downs, twists and turns that it makes for a great binge watch. In Season 3, I am hoping they give Kevin a serious love interest and give Hiram a good kick, but we will see. Riverdale comes back October 10th.

Now let’s move onto Hulu:

1. Golden Girls

Who doesn’t know and love Golden Girls? Watching this is a Sunday morning tradition in my family, and I have brought it with me to college. With Sophia’s Sicilian stories, Rose’s utter dumbness and–we can’t forget–the St.Olaf stories, Dorothy being the mature (most of the time) but also quick-witted one, then, lastly, Blanche the man-hungry one. This show has anyone and everyone cracking up.

2. Jersey Shore

We got a situation right here. Jersey Shore–is it a classic? I would classify it as a classic during my middle school years. The show can be cringey sometimes but hilarious at other times. I am currently starting all over and watching from Season 1. And yes, I am talking about the episodes with Angelina, but she will be gone soon enough. Your mind will be blown with all the craziness that happens on this show. From the drama with Angelina, Ron (or Rahn) and Sam, the aftermath of the note, and all the casual hookups. It is a mess, but you can’t help but tune in, even to their spinoff, Jersey Shore: Family Vacation.

Personally, these are my favorite shows on Netflix and Hulu. What are yours? Let me know in the comments below!

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.