Mary Hanula ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Meet Mary Hanula! Just about the only thing more beautiful than her face is her personality.

Year: Freshman

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Arlington, VA

So, what is your relationship status?

“Single… how do I say that in a cute way? Single and ready to mingle!”

Why are you studying psychology?

“I want to major in psychology so I can become a counselor for kids who have cancer and are affected by it, like their family members have cancer. I am currently involved in the Colleges Against Cancer Club so you can tell I am very passionate about fighting cancer.”

Tell the lovely readers a fun fact about Mary.

“I have been to over 20 concerts!”

And your favorites were?

“If we are being brutally honest… the number one for me was sitting front row at the Jonas Brothers concert. Nick Jonas is definitely my celebrity crush. Props to that Flaunt Magazine photo shoot. Number two would be Springsteen and then, after that, Coldplay.”  

Do you have any pets?

“Yes! I rescued a Chihuahua and Jack Russell Terrier mix. I definitely encourage rescuing because those dogs are just the sweetest and need a forever home.”

What do you like to do around campus?

“I love getting coffee at Einstein’s and just walking around, enjoying our beautiful campus, chatting on benches when the weather is right!”

So what is a big goal your have for yourself while here at CNU?

“I want to leave a positive mark on as many lives as I can. I am the kind of person who wants to help others realize their potential as soon as possible. I always try to radiate love and positive vibes because I know energy is contagious and I do not want to put bad feelings out there. I just always try to remember that everyone I come into contact with has a whole life going on behind the scenes and try to stay aware that everyone has their ups and downs. Never underestimate the value of a smile or a small, but kind, gesture.”