This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Name: Leah Jackson

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications

Hometown: Fredericksburg, VA

Relationship Status: Single

What kind of things are you involved with on campus?

“I like going to Thrive events and to CRU meetings and events sometimes. Mostly I chill with the homies.”

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

“I keep up with the Kardashians. I like to think of my super confident self as Khloé sometimes. Then Kim is just so much fun to laugh at and to just watch and be glad I do not have her emotional state. The character dynamic in that family is just not something you could write on your own. I am just super entertained by the Kardashians.”

What is your favorite kind of music?

“I do not know exactly what it is called… I would say the oldies. I have been listening to a lot of Nat King Cole and Ella Fitzgerald. Some Louis Armstrong. All of that old jazz is my favorite. My dad plays the sax so I think his taste rubbed off on me a lot.”

What about your favorite food?

“I really do not want to be basic, but it is what it is. I purely enjoy pepperoni pizza and super hot and crunchy chicken strips.”

And your favorite holiday?

“In my mind the only holiday that actually exists is Christmas. I am definitely the happiest at this time.”

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment.

“Okay, well my embarrassing moments are a daily occurrence. I will get so excited when I see people I know on campus and so I will smile really big and wave furiously at them. So many times the people I know do not see me… but strangers definitely do, so I just have to try and brush it off.”

What is a big goal you have for yourself outside of CNU?

“To be the opposite of a trophy wife. I want to be very independent and make a living for myself, completely un-reliant on a man. So, I guess I want to lead something. I know that is vague but it is what I got right now.”