alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Join Her Campus at CNU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Ever wanted to write for a magazine? Interested in event planning, marketing, or social media? If so, Her Campus at CNU is perfect for you! Read on to find out what team members have to say about being a part of our amazing team and why you should join us at our recruitment event. Included are some awesome photos taken by our Photography Director, Caitlin Murphy — enjoy the awesome recruitment video our Videography Director, Emily Guercio, made, too! 

“Being in HC CNU allowed me to take something I was passionate about and do something with it! I really wanted to do something in social media, but my advice to new members is that you shouldn’t be afraid to branch out of your comfort zone; you never know where you’re gonna end up.” – Olivia F., ’16, Marketing/PR Director

“To new members: go for it! It may seem at first like something that will take up free time, but in the long run you will benefit from it.” – Shannon C., ’18, Writer

“As a commuter student, I never felt like I was all that involved on campus or in the community, but participating in the HC events that I could for the past year or so has made me realize my usefulness and potential to help people, even in small ways. I’ve had a great time so far, and I love that I got to meet some great people!” – Tamara S., ’18, Writer

“In HC I have a place where my writing is supported. I’m a snarky writer, and I’m no stranger to backlash and criticism, but HC has always supported me and encouraged me to continue to improve my writing and share my thoughts with the world. HC has given me an opportunity to express myself in a way that brings me so much joy, and I’m very thankful for it. To new members: this is a safe and creative environment to learn more about your writing style, to get involved with your campus, and to feel supported in a creative environment. Take the leap and join this freakin’ awesome team of women.” – Ashley P.,’18, Writer

“Joining Her Campus at CNU my first year gave me the opportunity to work with empowering, insightful women who were interested in making the world a better place. I got to write — something I’ve always loved doing — while earning career and networking skills. It only took two weeks to find my home, and it’s with HC.” – Royall B., ’18, Editor-in-Chief

Our recruitment event is Tuesday, September 5th, from 8 – 9pm in McMurran 112 — join us! RSVP on the Facebook Event Page, too, while you’re at it! 

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps. 
CNU student, dancer, sister of Delta Gamma, and Director of Photography for CNU Her Campus!