The Improvocateurs Are Drunk With Power

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hey! Have you ever heard of Louis C.K.? Kevin Hart? Ricky Gervais? Funny guys amirite?! Well hold on to your hats as I drop this knowledge bomb: did you know ladies can also be funny?

Okay… that sounds fake but okay…

Specifically the ladies that make up Christopher Newport’s newest and most important club: The Improvocateurs. Not only did they win last year’s Outstanding New Student Organization of the Year award, but they have been invited to the second annual Virginia College Comedy Invitational at William & Mary.

Look at these words of Caitlin Caplinger, president of these droll dolls, and allow them to convince you: “We are only getting better and making our comedy more intelligent and awesome. These are a bunch of powerful women… many of whom are actually trying to pursue… something… in the creative and comedic field professionally.”

But they are giiirrrlssss!

Are you skeptical? Well then it is good luck for you that the Improvocateurs are putting on a show this Saturday, September 19 at 8 p.m. in the Ferguson’s Blackbox.

Take it from Gracie Peck, a funny dame who will also be performing stand up comedy at the show: “This show will feature a lot of fresh games and brand new sketches. There are definitely going to be shocking moments and performers with great comedic timing, and when we get that right, time stops… which is ironic.”

If this plug was not enough to sell you, then get your fine booties down to this live and uncensored show so the Improvocateurs can prove their comedic genius.