This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Name: Gil Robinson

Major: Marketing and Management 

Year: Junior

Hometown: Fairfax, Virginia

Relationship Status: Single

On Campus Involvement: Kappa Delta Rho, Ultimate Frisbee Club Team, Intramural Sports

Why did you choose CNU? 

“I just applied because it was a Virginia school. I wasn’t really considering it. And then I visited and realized just how much better it was than everywhere else. It’s so beautiful and everyone is so nice. And I love the class sizes and the staff. I don’t regret my decision at all.”

If you could be any Disney Prince, which would you be? 

“Can I be the frog from ‘The Princess and the Frog?'”

Who is your celebrity crush? 

“Jennifer Lawrence… ‘cause she’s cool. She seems down to earth.”

Who’s your Man Crush Monday? 

“John Stamos… ‘cause he’s John Stamos.”

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment at CNU.

“That time I got asked to be a Campus Cutie for Her Campus… Just kidding. One day, I wasn’t paying attention and walked past my room. So I walked into my neighbor’s suite because they had left their door open. Turns out they were all sitting on the couch staring at me. I said sorry and turned around and walked back to my room. It ruined my life.”

What’s the top thing on your bucket list? 

“Well, I already went skydiving, so I don’t have that and that’s everyone’s go-to. I want to travel more, so maybe to go to specific places. My number one would have to be to travel to all of the continents.”

Do you have a secret talent? 

“I can do animation stuff on the computer.”

Can you give me an example?

“I make short flash animations. I made one for my friend who tried to freestyle rap, so I made an animation corresponding with his failure to do so and set it to the recording of him.”

What was your favorite part about this summer? 

“I did a study abroad trip to Europe through the business school. We went to Munich, Amsterdam, and London. I had never been outside of the U.S. before, so that was an adventure in itself. And then seeing everything – all of the amazing tourist attractions, experiencing the city-life and the different cultures – was all so great to take in.”

What are you most looking forward to about junior year? 

“Starting my classes for my major. Now I won’t just be taking gen eds anymore, and it’ll be a nice change of pace to take classes that are truly applicable to what I want to do. It’ll be good to be learning about things that I’m really interested in.”
CNU '17, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Trebled Youth A Cappella, Taylor Swift and Mary-Kate Hovanic are my Spirit Animals, 'Merica