This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Ladies, are you looking for some laughs? Then, this is the right article for you. Here are 10 female comedians that will have you rolling on the floor, laughing your ass off, while still feeling all the empowering feminine energy!

Ali Wong

When I hear the word “empowerment,” my thoughts immediately sway to Ali Wong. Ms. Wong is a powerful and hilarious woman who’s not afraid to share her experiences with the audience. Nothing is off the table when it comes to Ali’s standup, and by the end of her performance you’ll be owning your femininity while laughing at her outlandish jokes.

Cristina Alonzo

Cristian Alonzo is one of my personal favorites. Her jokes talk about the struggles of being an immigrant family while still trying to make it in America. Along side her empowering stories on stage, Alonzo still knows how to move a crowd with her absolutely hilarious jokes!

Taylor Tomlinson

Taylor Tomlinson is the youngest comedian of this group which adds to her relatablility. Most of Tomlinson’s jokes deal with the everyday life of a young adult trying to stay alive in the ever-changing world. If you’re in the 18-25 age range, Tomlinson has the right jokes for you!

iliza Shlesinger

Iliza Shlesinger has been on the scene for over a decade. Iliza has plenty of standup specials for all different ages groups and experiences that will surely make you realize being female is an absolutely amazing adventure to be proud of. Iliza holds nothing back as she tells the wildest jokes about the iconic “party goblin,” dating, and solely trying to make is as a female comic.

Wanda Sykes

Everything about Wanda Sykes screams unstoppable and hilarious af. Being of an older generation, Sykes makes jokes that relate to young adults, their parents, and sometimes even their grandparents. Anything and everything can be made into comedy in Wanda Sykes’ world. We’re just living in it.

Fortune Feimster

One of the newest comedians on this list. Fortune Feimster keeps it real with the audience and herself. Feimster preaches authenticity and tough femininity. She is also a part of the LGBTQ+ community and shares her struggles with finding herself through that journey while still cracking jokes along the way.

Michelle Buteau

Mrs. Buteau is happy to share the details of her Buteautopia. As a mother and comedian, Buteau tells her story of welcoming and taking care of beautiful twins while still trying to have all the fun. Buteau is all about body positivity, surviving maternity, and all around female empowerment with all her hilarity. If any of those things hit home for you, watch Michelle Buteau!

Nicole Byer

Nicole Byer has been around the media for quite some time. From Girl Code, Nailed It, and her most recent stand-up special Big, Beautiful Weirdo, Byer has been on a roll with the comedy. Her spontaneous, energetic style brings plenty of laughs. There’s a twinge of chaos to her routine that honestly makes her so unique. There’s not an ounce of Nicole Byer that won’t make you laugh your ass off.

ms. Pat

Ms. Pat’s comedy is not for the weak of heart. Her comedy holds back nothing. Everything and everyone is subject to Ms. Pat’s comedy. She makes it very clear that she will send sensitivity out the window for her shows. She turns all of her personal experiences and hardships into the funniest jokes imaginable. One thing is obvious about Ms. Pat: she is the girl boss we all need to embody!

Michelle Wolf

There’s nothing that Michelle Wolf won’t turn into a joke. Wolf’s comedy is slightly different than her fellows above her in this article. She takes the more socially awkward approach to comedy. Her off-beat stories of mishaps and trying to survive femininity is one of the books that I recommend. She is proof that you don’t have to be the most confident in the room, you can still be the empowered female you are always meant to be!

Clueless Alicia Silverstone
Paramount Pictures